Re: Samsung CHARGE ---- DROPPED CALLS
kristinrn1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is certainly an ongoing problem for me.  My calls never actually drop, just suddenly the person on the other end can no longer hear me.  I can still hear them perfectly fine. The only option is to hang up and redial the person again. It is very frustrating and happens frequently. I travel all over the country and it has happened in many different states/areas.  My phone always shows a strong signal whenever this happens.  I have the latest software version - firmware version 2.3.6 and baseband version i510.06 V.FP1.  I have had this phone for less than one year and I am getting very aggravated with it. 

Frances55
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is exactly what mine is doing and I had mine less than 60 days, but because I did not get their insurance, the store will do nothing about it, Verizon has tried to find out the problem and says samsung will come out with a software that is suppose to fix this...I am to the point of changing phones and I love the phone but I must have my phone for work....

mleo999
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Charge does EXACTLY this same thing. It has all the latest everything. It drives my co-workers crazy, and my clients. Verizon refuses to acknowledge this is a problem. Anybody feel like a class-action suit? Something has to get their attention!

jpshaver
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the exact same problems as everyone else. Had my charge for over a year now and HATE the dam thing, however I don't believe its the phone but VERIZON service. Friends have recently moved to 4G phones and are experiencing similar issues. Of course they get the same support, such as uninstall apps, make sure your running the latest droid version, ect.

I was in Winston Salem NC the other day and had -70 dbm and it was still dropping calls.. Actually, 20+ calls never went through.  

I know witting all this is a waste of time but Verizon needs to know they are losing customers.. Counting down the days till my contract is up so I can say goodbye to Verizon..

0 Likes
newtoncd8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem with my Samsung Charge.  I will be talking on the phone and randomly, the other party can't hear me.  It doesn't matter if I am on speaker, bluetooth or the microphone.

I am quite frustrated with it, but still have 14 months left on my contract.

MarkF650

I think many of the other users, like me, just gave up.  I have been following the posts hoping the answer would eventually show up.  Today, however, I thought I would add my two cents.  I have been having the "muted microphone" problem since I got the phone a year ago.  I lost an important call last week because of it.  I have all of the updates installed, which do not seem to help.  I think the glitch occurs when the phone mishandles a momentary reduction in signal or possibly when switching sites.

As a customer service rep, I always assume there are at least 1000 people following a post for every one person posting.

Mark

0 Likes
calcio22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing an identical problem. My phone was replaced once already by Verizon and the issue persists. Verizon Wireless needs to address this issue head on and stop pointing fingers at the phone manufacturer. If it is indeed an issue with Samsung, then they as Business Partners need to resolve the issue ASAP for their customers. If an Action Plan by a Verizon Wireless representative is not provided on this forum in the very immediate future, I intend to bring this issue forward to the BBB, technology sites such as Engadget, and possibly other avenues that were used when the Apple iPhone dropped calls due to the antenna issue. I am certain VZW does not want a PR nightmare on their hands, but I could be wrong.

Please address the issue that has persisted for your customers for over one year now. Thank you.

Lucy0106
Enthusiast - Level 2

>> Duplicate post removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes