SYNCING!!!!!!!!!!!!
cakespacular

how the heck to you sync google calendar to this darn phone!!!!

0 Likes
Re: SYNCING!!!!!!!!!!!!
rcschnoor
Legend

From your home screen hit the menu buton > settings > accounts > your google account > make sure that sync calendar is checked.

You of course have to go to google from your computer and have already set up a google calendar account.

edit: You also have to have data enabled on your phone. From your home screen, hit the menu button > settings > Data Manager > Data Delivery > make sure that background data & data enabled are checked. If you want it to sync while you are roaming, make sure that data roaming is checked.

0 Likes
cakespacular

LOL.... ok ... what if I dont have google calander in my settings. all I hve in google is sync contacts and sync gmail! ... I hve set up a gmail calander already. but after i got my phone! do you think that is the issue?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You could try deleting the account from your phone and then adding it again. I have heard the this may fix this problem.

0 Likes
cakespacular

When I tried that it said that my phone would go back to factory default.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I have read in other threads that this is what you must do if your Google Calendar acct is not set up before you set up your phone. Don't know if there is another way to correct this.

You might try clearing the data and Cache in the Gmail app.

From your homescreen, hit the menu button > Applications > Manage Applications > select the All tab > select Gmail > clear the data & cache. Don't know if this will work, though.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Which Calendar APP are you using?  the default one that got installed?  Make sure you go into MY ACCOUNTS and confirm that Google is set.  After that, launc your Calendar APP and go into the settings - confirm that Google Calendar is selected. There really isn't too much more to this.  Let us know.

0 Likes
Runestyr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had my DroidX for a week now, so might as well share some lessons I have learned about synchronization.  What follows applies to Win7 \-64 Pro; your mileage may vary.

VCast software was, apparently, written by engineers who program like it's 1999 -- you must install it while logged on as an admin (not just using Run As).  Once installed, it runs for all accounts but you must manually create the desktop shortcut for your other accounts, i.e. your non-admin "everyday-use" accounts.*  I was also uncomfortable with the way it scanned my computer for documents (not just pictures, music and videos) without asking.  VCast is inferior to all other synch methods (for reasons discussed below) except in one regard -- it can synch any video format that your computer can play.  So if you use one of the third-party video players, like VLC Media Player, use VCast to move those videos to your DroidX.  It also detects and converst the non-mainstream music formats, like OGG, so if you use a lot of such formats, VCast is your baby.  Connect to the computer in "USB Mass Storage Mode" (which is the default) for VCast to work.

Windows Media Player is the only media player that supports music playlists.  That is, play lists created on the desktop are synched to the phone.  Neither VCast nor iTunes do this.  So if you have more than a few dozen songs, consider that when deciding how to synch your music.  Connect to the computer in "Windows Synch Mode" for this to work.  Change USB modes from your notification bar (pull down the taskbar-looking thing at the top of the screen).

I tried half a dozen podcatching apps on the DroidX itself, and every one of them had major issues -- no play during download, inconsistent or no rewind/fast-forward, and sometimes no pause and resume.  I finally resorted to iTunes on my desktop to get the podcasts and synch them to the DroidX.  Awkward.  When on the road with no iTunes computer, you're stuck with listening straight from the web site or suffering through one of the podcatching apps, I suppose.  iTunes also likes "Windows Synch Mode."

* I realize the cheaper home versions of Windows default to "everyone is an admin."  But if you're operating this way on today's high-speed Internet, you've probably already been hacked.

0 Likes