SMS won't send if it is over 2 messages long.
rdnkengineer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had my Motorola Droid 2 Global for a couple weeks now and I love it but I have been experiencing a small annoyance. When I am out of 3G network and try to reply to a text message and my reply runs into a second message it fails to send with a cause code of Addr.Vcnt.,0. The network that I am in shows a 1X connection with anywhere from 2 to 4 bars. I tried turning on wireless and that didnt help either. I have data roam turned on and the PRL is up to date so this doesn't make sense to me and I thought that you didn't need 3G for SMS texts. It is starting to get annoying and I have only had this phone for a couple weeks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SMS won't send if it is over 2 messages long.
rdnkengineer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally got a chance to call and it appears that when in 3G and sending an SMS over 160 characters the data service automatically splits the message into multiple messages and when in the 1X it doesnt so it fails. This is a network limitiation based on what the agent at verzion told me from the tech she contacted about the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

We need to review your account and make sure every thing is set up correctly. If you are still having these issues, please contact us so we can troubleshoot. Please have your mobile device available when contacting us. 

Thanks

0 Likes
rdnkengineer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally got a chance to call and it appears that when in 3G and sending an SMS over 160 characters the data service automatically splits the message into multiple messages and when in the 1X it doesnt so it fails. This is a network limitiation based on what the agent at verzion told me from the tech she contacted about the issue.

0 Likes