Re: SMS/MMS issues with the ICS update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello!

We can't have you going around not being able to send messages! Messaging on the go is far too important. I know performing a hard reset sounds scary! It has become so much easier to set up android devices, especially with ICS!

Before we hard reset, have you had the opportunity to try all of the steps above? What happens when you try to text?

Are you using a 3rd party messaging application?

Please let me know!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: SMS/MMS issues with the ICS update?
TKruse
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is typical canned response from VZW for a known issue.  This problem is VERY common, seems to be appearing on multiple devices.  Fact that I was able to send/receive MMS via WhatApp on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus is telling me this is a VZW issue.  Do some searching, you will see this complaint for quite some time with not real official ack from VZW other than "enable WiFi, enable data, pull battery, pull SIM card, power device down".  Nothing is clearing this issue up.

It's not the phone, its not Android.  This above post was placed Nov 2012, it is now Jan 2013 and this problem is still going on and we got the typical canned response from VZW on the issue.

0 Likes