SMS Limit?
markml0528

how many text messages can the droid x hold per thread?  how many can it hold in the entire inbox?

0 Likes
Re: SMS Limit?
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

Check out the thread below to see if this really answers your question.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/7276-how-many-text-messages-can-droid-hol...

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
markml0528

well, im surprised this is actually a wireless employee replying to me....u do know that this is the Droid X?  not the original Droid

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

I'm aware of the device, they both have the same software. I have an android phone myself and they hold over 5,000 messages for just one contact. I'm sure the Droid X holds the same amount or maybe a little more. I hope that this information was helpful to you in all ways possible.

0 Likes
markml0528

when im in th texting app (one that came with phone), where it shows me all the threads i hit the menu button, and i select message settings, but there is no option to edit text storage.  it doesn't say whether it automatically deletes it after a certain amount.  

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

markml0528 wrote:

when im in th texting app (one that came with phone), where it shows me all the threads i hit the menu button, and i select message settings, but there is no option to edit text storage.  it doesn't say whether it automatically deletes it after a certain amount.  

My guess is new messages would not come in unless you delete some of them in the thread. Not sure if you would get a message saying that messaging is low with memory or something else to that affect

0 Likes
Chubbs
Contributor - Level 1

Wow 5000+, I'm impressed.

0 Likes