SD card HOT and unusable
fleury

When I got my Droid, it came with a 16gb sd card. A couple weeks ago, after yet another reboot (I have to do this 7-10 times a day as it loses all connection if I don't), the sd card stopped working. It said it needed reformatted, I did so, a million times. It still says there is 'no sd card' inserted. I have unmounted, mounted, reformatted many times, even on my pc. It still says there is not one inserted. Oh and whenever I put it in the phone and take it out, it is HOT, like bad, the whole sd slot is. I tried a different card (a 4gb) that I had and it did the same thing. I took it to the Verizon store and was told they have heard of this but never seen it and they would sell me a new one for $40. Are you shittin me? I am not paying for a new one when I had one come with the phone. What else can I do? Im ready to freak... cant use the camera without sd or most apps, having to reboot 7-10 times a day is already a pain in the arse... and to top it all off, now I cant access any browser, google, or links. If there is a link from fb, I get the error that page not avail, if I search in google, same error, dont even try browser, goes straight to page not avail. UHG...

0 Likes
Re: SD card HOT and unusable
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

that does sound like a hardware issue.  have they offered you a replacement Charge?  I have never heard of the SDCard being hot, but I know you can buy them fairly cheap online.

0 Likes
fleury

No they did not fix or offer to fix or replace the Charge. Might have to go to a different store. The lady said it was prob the SD card, but if the slot where the card is to go gets that hot when a card is in it, I can't imagine its good for the phone.

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

so an instore techie told you this?  hogwash.  call up VZW, and talk to their tech support.  they are always friendly, helpful, and very quick to resolve your problems.

0 Likes