SD Card is unmounted or unavailable
reciprok8or

My SD card was removed from my DroidX to possibly use in another device. It did not work. Moreover, since replacing the card back into my DroidX, it shows SD card unmounted or unavailable. HELP!!!

0 Likes
Re: SD Card is unmounted or unavailable
Cody21
Master - Level 2

It sounds like when you inserted it in that "other device that didn't work" that maybe it got hosed by THAT device. If the Droid X won't allow you to Mount it, you can't reformat it on the phone. Do you have access to another SD Card reader? like in your PC or Laptop?  Might be time to stick it in another reader that can at least reformat it .. of course any data you had on the card is probably gone.

0 Likes
reciprok8or

cannot format in laptop or PC.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Then it sounds like your card is hosed ... time to get another one ...  Maybe take to a Verizon store and have them try one from a working phone 1st ... just to rule out the phone's hardware & not the card,

0 Likes
ajdemar

You have not necessarily lost your data.... go to settings, storage, unmount sd card, then mount sd card.

I did this and my photo's reloaded and my music did as well......

It worked for me, best luck

0 Likes
landr5

Disconnect your phone from USB if you wish to mount the drive on your phone.  Also, I've seen software conflicts that cause the SD to not mount on the phone but I can't always replicate the problem.  If the SD says "Unavailable" and you are not plugged into USB goto the Apps menu, touch the Menu button, Manage Apps, select the Running Apps tab and close Backup Assistant + Media.  When it is closed see if your card shows up.  If not try closing any other running app that have drive mount permissions.  I did this once, drive showed up, rebooted the phone and it hasn't done it again.  I'll post again if I come up with anything new. 

Blue skies

0 Likes