SD Card Storage On Droid X
DKGerman

Is there a way to set my SD card up to store my contacts & pictures on my SD card so in case of major catastrophe they can be retrieved & copied to new device?

0 Likes
Re: SD Card Storage On Droid X
bearone21
Legend

pics will default to being stored on the card, not sure about contacts but occasionally i email a contact list to an email i don't use much, so it's always backed up & available.

0 Likes
DKGerman

We recently had a disaster on my hubbys HTC Incredible & had to factory reset.  His SD card did not have his pictures on it and we lost them all.  When I look at my SD storage card info, I dont see anything that identifies it as having pictures stored on it.  Emailing the contact list to a more or less inactive email account is a good idea.  I was really hoping to find something that would backup my stuff smoothly, but not having any luck finding that either Smiley Sad

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

using the included usb/mass storage, i created my music & my pics folders in windows explorer on the pc & drug pics from pc to pic folder created on sd card.

music couldn't be drag/dropped, had to be copied to device(phone).

anything you add into gmail contacts immediately goes to teh phone & can be recovered if you setup a lost password account emailed to "x" email account.

0 Likes