Ringtones when charging don't play as set
MagicRat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have contact ringtones set.  When off the charger they seem to play as desired.  When on the charger it doesn't.  It seems to play whatever it feels like...usually the default ringtone but sometimes the old style hard line ring and sometimes it won't ring at all.  Anyone else seeing this?  Am I missing a setting some place?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Ringtones when charging don't play as set
Wildman
Legend

MagicRat wrote:

I have contact ringtones set.  When off the charger they seem to play as desired.  When on the charger it doesn't.  It seems to play whatever it feels like...usually the default ringtone but sometimes the old style hard line ring and sometimes it won't ring at all.  Anyone else seeing this?  Am I missing a setting some place?

Thanks.

Are you charging with pc, if so it sounds like you may have the Storage Card or PC Mode activated? Try switching device to Charge Only option because the ringers are stored on the SD Card and under any mounting setting other than Charge only the drive isnt accessable because the PC will be using it.

0 Likes
Re: Ringtones when charging don't play as set
MagicRat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand the behavior when charging via usb and have seen it act as you describe.  However, it also does it when using the ac adapter.  It's inconsistent.  Was just testing it out and of course it's behaving right now :smileyhappy: 

0 Likes