Riger Problem
mplgaus

I just got my DX yesterday and am loving it except for one problem.  I cannot get the phone to ring on an incoming call!!!  It will only vibrate despite having the vibrate and silence features disabled!   I updated the phone to the latest SW prior to testing incoming calls.

The settings are correct (ie not in silent mode, not set to vibrate, ring volume high, CID call out =ring only) and the sounds work for at least some of the other features including low battery warning, ringtone testing, volume level.  My next step is to wipe the phone by resetting which I hate to do if I can avoid it.  If that doesn't work I will take it to a Verizon store tomorrow and probably return it.  Uggh!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Riger Problem
TeachGa06

I am currently awaiting the arrival of my Droid X and have been reading tons about this device and the same question has come up several times.  Did you use "Smart Options" or something like it on the phone?  Apparently there is a bug with Smart Options that causes the ringer to stay on vibrate unless you do a hard restart.  I know that I WILL NOT use this function when receiving mine! :smileysurprised:

0 Likes
mplgaus

Thanks!  I checked out the stuck in vibrate threads and will first deselect the smart options to see if this works alone.  Otherwise I will reset ....ugggh!

I hope Motorola is working on this!

0 Likes
mplgaus

Well disabling the smart options didn't work so I reset the phone which cleared the problem.  Verizon, please note this known problem and work with us to have Motorola provide a permanent fix.  An automatic notification would also be nice!

I will also post a complaint on the Moto site.  Geesh!

0 Likes
onikage

http://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51541/kw/ringer/p/30,6720,7500,/s...p

Well Motorola's not too helpful. Think this might be fixed along with the Froyo update coming maybe next week?

0 Likes
onikage

My bad, dodn't read it ALL last time. Motorola IS rolling out a fix in an "upcoming software release". Froyo anyone? Let's hope next week!

0 Likes
droidrX

Just saw a poll on droid-life.com about droid x ringer volume problems; looks like its 50-50 between 'yes' and 'no'... I unfortunately am a YES. I really really hope that an update will fix the problem but.... it might just be a design flaw. I noticed that if you put your finger against the speaker slit or if you even place it face up on the bed or on a couch, even with the speaker against your leg, the volume diminishes a lot.. (i guess as expected right?). my fingers are crossed... 

0 Likes
Re: Ringer Problem
deaddolly

omg..I have the same problem.  I really don't want to hard reset because I use my phone for work and have over 80 contacts in it, all in certain groups with assigned messages and assigned ringtones.  It took me ages to do,  They transferred over my contacts from my iphone (I miss it) when I got the X, but they all disappeared when I got it home.  I thought I did something..But I'm sure I didn't.  Anyway, I may just take this phone back and get an Incredible.  I've about had it.  I won't even mention how much I've spent on apps...

I'm really p o'd about this.  Going to call customer service now.  Any ideas would be appreciated (other than throwing it out the window...)

TX!

0 Likes
deaddooly56

Just spent 2 hours on the phone w/ verizon re: this issue.  they are great, but would not confirm or deny when 2.2 is coming or admit this issue is common and will be fixed.

i ended up having to hard reset my phone.  have no now add ringtones to my contacts.

not happy.

0 Likes
Treyw3

Had the same problem.  The Motorola fix didn't work as I had my spouse call about 15 times, turned the phone off and had her call some more.  Finally, and reluctantly, went the reset route (which is a major pain).  That seemed to fix it.  The remaining problems are threefold: (1) restoring everything I had carefully set up on the phone, (2) doing without a couple of, from my perspective, desirable features, and (3) owing my spouse several dinners for her "help" on this problem which took her away from one of her favorite TV shows.

A suggestion to everyone:  don't even look at the "turn-over-vibrate" option in case it turns on.  You can henceforth think of it as another reset switch.

0 Likes