Restocking Fee when the phone is defective?
colfrmb

So my Moto Droid Camera doesn't focus which apparently a known issue.  My calls crackle, pop, drop and that is happening to some phones - even after *228.  My Droid won't turn on except when plugged into the USB.  These are not mileage issues or misuse issues.  This phone, for whatever reason, doesn't perform the advertised features correctly.  The phone shouldn't have been issued to me.  So I have to pay a $35 restocking fee?  Verizon will turn around, fiddle with my Droid and send it out to someone else anyway.  I am leery of getting another Droid if it has the same issues and I have to pay another restocking fee.  

0 Likes
Re: Restocking Fee when the phone is defective?
rlivin

You will not have to pay restocking fee. I would call technical dept and troubleshoot then you would have record of problem so it would be easier to return.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

i too had the no focus situation with my camera.  no green lines, just red lines.  so i went back to best buy and exchanged it for a new droid only because the update was not going to occur until dec. 11 (or 12th). too late for me.  changed it out, lawerence at best buy (in san antonio, the woodlake parkway store) worked with me to make sure that i received a phone that had green lines.  and i do.  it maybe a hassle or slight inconvenience but this is the droid man, the droid......

i am sure they will work with you. besides the restocking fee is only for those people that are returning the phone outright and returning to their old phone or going back to their old service and leaving the droid/verizon all together. (just like rlivin stated)

0 Likes
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

I am wondering the same thing... I am about to take my SECOND droid in because of the problems I have with it (the PHONE feature not working properly.)

I love all the fun stuff the droid does, but if it doesn't make and keep calls, then it doesn't matter if I can look at the sky or play on the internet.

I will take it in ONE more time. They can replace it or try their magic to fix it. However, this will be my last try before I forget the droid and go back to my old phone, and I am not feeling too optimistic.

If it is because of multiple problems, are they going to charge me the restocking fee? And will they refund the extra 20 dollars I paid to upgrade?

If they charge me these fees, the droid will be a $55 mistake that I won't forget, and Verizon is certain to lose my business in the very near future, no matter how much I like the services of verizon. .

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

or you could try this and if anyone thinks i am wrong or knows i am wrong please reply:

keep the droid, switch to your old phone (only if it is a verizon phone), upgrade you plan if you need to for your old phone, sell the droid online (ebay) for $150 or $200. make the money back that you lost? si? no?

0 Likes
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

keep the droid, switch to your old phone (only if it is a verizon phone), upgrade you plan if you need to for your old phone, sell the droid online (ebay) for $150 or $200. make the money back that you lost? si? no?

--------------------------------------

I am sorry, but I will not do this. I am not going to sell a malfunctioning phone to an unsuspecting e-bay buyer. If I do end up returning the phone because of its lack of ability to be a phone, and Verizon charges me anything, I will complain... but will eventually pay. Then, I will take my business elsewhere and they will lose a 10 year customer. However, if they accept my return with no problem, I will give them another chance when another phone comes out that has fewer problems.

0 Likes