Replacement batteries
KBare

I have bought replacement batteries from two different sources, and was guarantied that they would work.  Both times, my phone refuses to charge them saying that i must have an Original Motorola battery. (I thought the second one was)  What Can I do to charge them?

0 Likes
Re: Replacement batteries
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps the problem is with the charger or the charging port?  Have you tried other chargers with the new batteries?  Will the batteries charge in a different phone (same model, if you have access to one?)

0 Likes
KBare

The only way I have to check/charge the batteries is with my phone, no stand-alone charger or other Droid 2.  The phone charges the OEM battery fine, but refuses to charge the replacements because it determines that they are not manufactured by Motorola

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kbare,

We would love to assist with your battery issues today. On your batteries, is there a Motorola logo listed? If you're using third party batteries these may not be applicable for use in your device as most Motorola devices require Motorola batteries. Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
KBare

They do not have the logo on them.  Is there any way to make the phone charge them (I now have 3 of them)?  Would a stand alone charger (if one is available from Verizon) also refuse to charge them?  Are there Motorola phones that use the BP6X battery that are not so picky?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning KBAre,

Thank you for the information provided. At this particular time, there are no settings available on the device to allow them to charge batteries that are not manufactured by Motorola. A stand alone charger will work for most Android, but may still vary based on the batteries purchased.

Each accessory sold through Verizon Wireless offers a 14 day worry free guarantee. If you decide to purchase the stand alone charger and it does not charge your batteries, you are welcome to return the accessory purchased.

For further review of compatible batteries with your device, feel free to contact Motorola at 800-734-5870.

Efrain_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes