Repeat Text Notification after text was deleted weeks ago.....
jslechner1028

A few weeks ago I was deleting a text conversation when a new message from that person came in. Now whenever there is any text activity such as an incoming text or if i delete any old texts, the notification of this same old text keeps popping up. I have tried to open it from the navigation bar all it does is say "Loading" and nothing happens. I searched for it in my messages, drafts, everywhere. I have taken the battery out, downloaded other sms programs, done updates...i think i have done everything short of a factory restart which i am hoping to avoid......anyone have any solutions??

Thank you....

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Repeat Text Notification after text was deleted weeks ago.....
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you tried clearing the data in the dialer storage file? You have to go into settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to dialer storage. Select it and hit the clear data button. This will delete all information stored in your text messages and call log.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Try doing a soft reset on the device.

Press the Power key.
Touch Power off.
Touch OK.
Press the Power key to power on the device.

0 Likes
jslechner1028

Thanks for the suggestion but i tried that and even a hard reset by taking out the battery....and the old msg keeps coming up....any other ideas??

Thank you

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you tried clearing the data in the dialer storage file? You have to go into settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to dialer storage. Select it and hit the clear data button. This will delete all information stored in your text messages and call log.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jslechner1028

Thank You....that did it....You Rock!!!

0 Likes