sales@cequint.com
Customer Support
support@cequint.com
Webmaster
web@cequint.com

0 Likes
Re: Removing CityID adware on the Droid Incredible
SanJoseOlay

The problem is not CityID's fault..is it???   I think it's Verizon's responsibility because it's Verizon who directs the software programmers to code these egregious features!  I don't like being spammed, and I especially don't like paying incredibly high prices to be spammed. 

Time for VZ to get a clue.  I won't buy a phone or any data plan from any vendor that promotes such tactics.  Neither should anyone else.  Boycott the service and hit them where it counts...the wallet!  Only then will their policies change.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I saw the City ID subscribe or use free trial message only once. Never since the first call I made with my phone.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

It only comes up for calls you receive. 

0 Likes
mlee01

I sent Cequint an email requesting un-install direction because I did not see a $2 a month benefit with this app

...below is their response

note: got an automated thank you for your email for requesting support within an hour and  full response within 12...not bad)

Hello :

Thank you for your message.  Because City ID is one of the preinstalled applications on the HTC Incredible, there are no install or uninstall options (as with all preinstalled applications on the Android OS).

At the end of the free trial (15 days after your 5th incoming call), a City ID screen will appear to inform you the trial has expired.  This expiration screen will ask if you would like to subscribe to City ID with the options “Yes,” “No,” or “Remind Me Later.”  Selecting “No” will disable City ID, the city and state of calls will no longer be displayed and no further City ID notifications will appear.  (Note:  When selecting “Remind Me Later,” or pressing the Back or End key, the trial expired message will appear after each incoming call (up to 10 times) until you select the “No” button.  Be sure to select "No" to immediately disable City ID; otherwise, City ID will automatically disable itself after the 10th and final reminder.)

We hope City ID provides some benefit to you during the free trial even if you choose not to subscribe.

Best Regards,

The Cequint Team

Cequint Incorporated

1011 Western Avenue | Suite 800

Seattle | WA | 98104

p:  206.264.1909

f:   206.299.9127

www.cequint.com

0 Likes
npovey

force stop is grey'd out, sorry

0 Likes
glocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is CityID the only bloat ware that Verizon put on the Incredible? 

0 Likes
lsintampa

UGH

I got the message to install yes or no and I selected NO.

I stlll get city ID's on incoming calls and the application still runs (obviously).

I've not been billed for it yet, but I live month to month waiting for the surprise.

Anyone out there that can explain in simple terms when the application will stop running?  Seems like I did all the right things, but I don't understand why it still is running on my phone?

Anyone?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you can't get rid of it and you wont be charged for it. it stops running after a couple weeks if you just keep declining the service. but the app will always be on your phone.

0 Likes
lsintampa

If you keep declining the service? 

What part of NO does it not understand?

Simple confirm on your response (be it Yes or No) and one time be done with it. 

Curious if anyone knows what happens if you say "Yes"?  Does it confirm that it is a billed service, or does it just go "cha-ching"?  Does it even confirm that you DO want the service?

If you should select Yes, and later change you mind, how easy is it to get rid of?

AND THE $64,000 question is, "Why do paid for applications come preinstalled on my phone anyway?"... huh?  Answer anyone?

0 Likes