Reception issues
caspringer

After several years (since Verizon bought AllTell) I have had nothing but good luck with my service and customer service. Full bars in the house good internet connection in the house & I have always bragged to my friends and family how well we were treated...........until now! I had noticed that for a couple of weeks we were not getting good reception on our 2 phones and also my work cell phone so I called customer service. Well of course they wanted to blame the phone. The thing is I can go down the road and get full bars but can no longer do so in my house! Please keep in mind this has never been an issue. They say we are in a marginal coverage area and so good service is not guaranteed. Really? It has never been an issue before. So after a trouble ticket was finally issued a get a call - again marginal coverage area and no issues with towers in our area. They have offered to sell me a network extender for $150 for something that has never been an issue before! They say nothing has changed and they can't explain the issue we are having other than we again are in a marginal coverage area. So I will be cancelling my contract with them and looking for another service provider because this is just unacceptable to me I refuse to pay more money for something that has never been an issue! Goodbye Verizon Wireless!

0 Likes
Re: Reception issues
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

Check with those other companies what their coverage is like.  Have you updated your PRL by doing *228 option 2 (only for 3g phones).  I've heard that before where service is fine then all of the sudden stops working.  I think if Verizon knew what he problem was they would fix it, and I think the Network Extender is normally like $200, they have to send somoene out to verify the coverage is bad.

0 Likes
Re: Reception issues
caspringer

Both of my kids have different service providers and get good service in our house. Can't do the *228 on my phone. Like I said I refuse to give them anymore money for something I have never had a problem with before.

0 Likes