Reception Issue
HLMarketing

I am using an Incredible 2 and it's my only phone, so no home phone. I have been experiencing issues when I'm downloading/uploading files to/from my computer, Kindle Fire, etc... and not getting good reception on my phone at the same time. I have a network extender in my home as well. Has anyone else had this problem? I do not have access to another phone (90% of the time) to call in to have them check my phone, but when I've brought this issue up to a Verizon tech on the phone, they say they haven't heard of this before. I have Century Link for my internet provider and they don't know anything either. Is there anyone out there who would have a clue to why this would be happening? I work from home and if I'm working and get a phone call, have to pause or cancel my upload/download so I can talk on the phone. TIA!

0 Likes
Re: Reception Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi HLMarketing,

I'm sorry to hear that this difficulty has been going on for a while. I want to make sure you have the best phone experience. I need to first understand how you're using your phone. You described low reception and needing to pause download/upload connections to answer calls. Is this occurring when you are using your 3G device internet or are you connected to WiFi? If you're on WiFi, Century Link will be the company you need to contact as their WiFi isn't giving you the connection speeds needed. If you're using 3G you need to verify your Network Extender is connecting to 3G coverage and not just 1X so that you get right speeds. You will not be able to use internet on your phone at the same time that you're on a call while on 3G service. Keep us posted as to what's going on.

Thanks,

MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Reception Issue
HLMarketing

Maria-

Thank you for the response, it's the first one that has actually made sense. I do have the phone on WiFi for the most part when I'm home, so the connection speed info would make sense. As for the Network Extender being on 3G, how would I know that? I don't use the internet on the phone and talk on the phone at the same time, I'm using the internet on the computer, laptop, connected via wireless. If you can answer the extender question, I can take care of the bandwith with Century Link.

Thanks,

Heather

0 Likes