Recent issues with DI2 OTA software update
mrj1971
Enthusiast - Level 1

Am I the only one who has noticed the so-called "software upgrade" for DI2 users was actually a downgrade? Instead of improvements, I have lost some functionality, mainly in the default, stock clock program.

No longer will it allow me to set a clock for different cities across the country. I have family across the states and it's nice to know what time it is so I'm not calling at inappropriate times. Also, the weather function has been disabled. It will briefly flash under the current time, but then it disappears.

These are the two issues I have noticed so far, seeing as I have only had the update for a couple of days. Too bad I can't go back and uninstall it. An upgrade should not remove previous functionality.

Re: Recent issues with DI2 OTA software update
Targhee
Enthusiast - Level 1

After reading your post I checked mine. Weather is working but I also can't add cities to the time. Anyone have an idea what the update was supposed to do? I checked the Verizon website and all it said was that there was an update that provided phone enhancements, no details.

0 Likes
rdwhitmire
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't notice any problems since I got this update this morning but I have been trying to find info on what the update may have changed. All that I have found was a bit on an Android website saying that it is supposed to have somehow "improved security" but nothing explaining that. IMO it did nothing and was just HTC trying to appease all of us who are angry about never getting updated to ICS. Personally I've been extremely happy with my Dinc2 but will never buy another HTC phone do to there failure to provide OS update.

0 Likes
mjd7

HTC had major problems with security. Thus the required update (and maybe more in the future?)

See the article in the New York Times from Feb. 22: "HTC Settles FTC Charges Over Flaws in Phones."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/23/business/htc-settles-ftc-charges-over-security-flaws-in-devices.ht...

0 Likes
incredibletoo

Thank you, "mjd7" !  Read the article and was VERY informative!  When I turned the phone on, 1st time today, I figured I would like to delay or "DEFER" it (and I did) until I had time to find out more about it and your post/article gave me a little better feel about IT.

I LOVE my Dinc2 (does a lot of things of what I want a smartphone to do with no real complaints) and am VERY AFFRAID that this upgrade (which I guess has NO WAY TO STOP IT...) will ROYALLY screw up my phone???  I also loved my original Dinc(1) until THEY rendered it USELESS by running so called SYSTEM UPDATES, a year after I got it!!!  (The upgrade was not even SYSTEM software but, GOOGLE apps type software, they FORCE you to accept, that you don't even want

0 Likes
Sounds4u
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had issues with my weather app, but also issues with push notifications on my GMail, Work Email, Facebook, Instagram and more.  I have to manually check for notifications/emails and don't receive any notifications at all.

Anyone else have any email issues like this?  Think I will start a new post.

walkingstaff

I had to uninstall and reinstall my starbucks app to get it working, San Jose Mercury news app loads and then goes black, reinstalled with no joy.  I wonder how many other apps I have that I will discover no longer function.  "Device Enhancements' is the clever reason for the software upgrade on the pdf.  Device degradation is more like it.  Maybe I should quit hoping for the long awaited release upgrade.

Phhtt.

0 Likes
nmwalter0213
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't get my phone to work since the upgrade.  it is now stuck in a crash sequence..

0 Likes
djcindy

I can't get my world clock to work since the upgrade.  Is there a fix for it?

0 Likes
allison123

Me too. When I called verizon to ask about it, she told me she could replace my phone, if I had the extended warranty. She finally agreed to send a replacement - same model, same software, I hope the replacement works better than my newly "updated" Incredible 2.

0 Likes