Reboot Problem
manaid602

I have an issue were my phone keeps going to a never ending reboot.

I've had this phone for almost two years and I really love it, so I do not want to replace it. Does anybody know what to do? I tried checking if the memory card was the problem and I formatted it, but that didn't work. I tried going to safemode but it won't allow me. Is there something else I can do? a

0 Likes
Re: Reboot Problem
bejay

My phone started to reboot on Friday, 9/28 at about 4PM. I was in traffic and heard the "Droid". Phone was locked on the HTC page for a minute or so.

At about 7 PM that night, I heard the "Droid" again. Phone was locked at the droid eye. Nothing would clear it. I took out the battery and restarted he phone.

I immediately copied my folders to my laptop (photos, music, etc) and launched the backup manager.

I turned on the phone sat AM and went to run errands. At about 9AM, I went to call home and the phone was stuck on the swipe to unlock page and the clock showed 6:43AM. Had to pull the battery again.

Went to a verizon store and gave them the phone. Asked if they knew anything about it. I was told that they send out software updates between 2 and 5AM. Didn't explain why it stared at 4PM. They told me to give it a couple of days then I would have to do a factory reset. Since then, it has stopped. I don't know what the latest SW upgrade or version is, but I do know that I was missing about 6 apps that I had to reload.

Other than this episode, I have had the phone for nearly 2 years and it has been flawless. Even the firmware update at the first  of the year went OK.

0 Likes
t55c

After a software update my phone repeatedly rebooted itself between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m. After 5 it would stop and be fine until the next night.  I took out the SD card one night about about 4 a.m. the phone lit up like it was about to reboot but it didn't and it's been fine ever since.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Manaid602!

I'm really glad you love your phone and I want you to hang onto it for as long as possible! I will be more than happy to provide some suggestions.

If you can't even boot it into Safe mode you may have to go straight for the Alternate Reset:
http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=30946

I know there are some other recommendations here regarding the SD Card as well, thank you community!

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes