Re: HATE This Phone - Constant 'Force Close' of Numerous Processes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning jimbosays,

The business world and the wireless world have been working hand in hand for years. What better way to conduct business while on the go than with a consistent and reliable smartphone. Trust me when I say I certainly understand how important it is to stay connected while on the go. I would love the opportunity to diffuse the frustration that this have caused by partnering with you to get this issue resolved once and for all. I have a few questions that I would like to ask to get a better understanding of the issue.

• Is there any physical/liquid damage on any of the charger or other components of the phone?
  • What software, build, and kernel version do you have installed on the device?
  • Which GPS service/apps are you using on the device that giving you location issues?
  • What apps are force closing on the device?
  • Have you been able to connect to wifi networks in the past?

As you share the details of the questions above, it will help me diagnose the issue for you. also, if you can be so kind as to send me a private message with your full name, mobile number, and a brief summary of the issue then that would be super helpful.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jimbosays
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello ArnettH_VZW,

What is the best method to send you a private message???

Thanks!

- Jim

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

jimbosays,

You should click on the individual username for the rep and then click on the "follow" button to send a follow request. Hopefully they also sent you one. Once they accept and send you a follow request in return, you will have to accept their request. Once you are both following each other, then you can send a Direct Message (DM) to them that is private between the two of you.

Yes, it is a long process, but it helps prevent users from spamming other users with private messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Jimbosays,

Why in the world did you branch this discussion from the original location?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jimbosays
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ Ann154 - Have no idea in the world what 'branching a discussion' even is/means!

What I DO know is that I spent the over an hour gathering the phone details and then formulating a well-constructed message at the behest of "ArnettH_VZW" regarding my Droid Charge issue ONLY to realize that I could not forward the information without befriending/following (or whatever the protocol may be) this person.

ALL I desire is HELP with my phone issues and a real person to listen/discuss such with.

You can be sure that frustration peaked after going to the effort on a build a message on a web message board all for NAUGHT.

Why does a VZW rep ask for info and THEN not offer a reasonable communication path to provide the requested info???

Thank You,

- Jim

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Branching means that the reply from the VZW rep is now a separate discussion from your original question. If you look at the discussion in the community, you can see that none of previous information is above the reply. The context is lost.

And yes, I do understand the frustration of not being able to send your information to ArnettH_VZW right away. You can also save it as a draft document on your computer, and as soon as the follow request are approved, you will be able to send that information off immediately.

0 Likes