RE: Problems With Calls on Droid X
Satincat1109

I purchased a refurbished Droid X about 2 months ago. It has been working fine except for one problem; when I call voice mail, sometimes before I even finish typing in my password, I will get a series of beeps, and then it says "goodbye" and disconnects me. This will often happen on 2 or 3 tries before I can get it to actually complete checking my voice mail. Also, I have noticed sometimes on calls that I dial, I will get 2 or 3 of the same annoying beeps while I'm connected, making it difficult to hear the person on the other end, although it has never actually disconnected me. Is this a problem with the phone or the network? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: RE: Problems With Calls on Droid X
Not applicable

Good morning, Satincat1109!

I did some researching on this and I would like for you to check the Settings>Sounds>Roaming Tone. Disable that for a few days and see if the beeping goes away. It sounds like the notification beeps.

Let us know how it goes, thank you!

0 Likes
Satincat1109

Well, I just looked, and the roaming tone wasn't turned on to begin with. The ones that were active were Haptic feedback, call connect, and audible selection. :smileysad:

0 Likes
Not applicable

This sounds like an issue in the phone itself, not the network. Do you have your voicemail password saved in your phone? It sounds like the phone may be trying to automatically enter the password at the same time you are typing it. When you call voicemail, wait a few seconds to see if it says "Sending 1234" or whatever password it has saved. Also when you are on calls and start hearing beeps, look at the display to see if the keypad is showing and pressing numbers. The phone does have a sensor to recognize it is near your face, but if you move the phone slightly away from your face or hair gets in the way it could affect the sensor. 

0 Likes
Satincat1109

THANK YOU! That's exacttly it! It's been pressing numbers by itself! Like if I'm calling somewhere for help, and it says, "press 1 or 2" sometimes it starts pressing other numbers by itself, and the voice message doesn't recognize the input. That would definitely cause beeps! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes