Quick question about Incredible
tim600sl
Contributor - Level 3

I got the HTC incredible on the 29th, yesterday I bought wireless headphones from verizon.  When I connect the headphones through bluetooth I can't listen to the FM Radio, it says that I need to PLUG the headphones. I've tried everything, does that mean I can not listen to radio while using bluetooth headphones?  I love the radio app a lot, anybody have any ideas on how to use the wireless headphones for the radio app? Otherwise I love the phone!

0 Likes
Re: Quick question about Incredible
M_R_L
Contributor - Level 1

The physical headphone cord provides the antenna for the FM tuner. Without the physical headphone cord  you have no antenna.

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

I wonder if you got an old pair of headphones and cut the cord about an inch up and plugged them in, if it would provide enough antenna for the radio to get decent reception and work via your bluetooth? I might try it tonight.

0 Likes
tim600sl
Contributor - Level 3

y0diggity wrote:

I wonder if you got an old pair of headphones and cut the cord about an inch up and plugged them in, if it would provide enough antenna for the radio to get decent reception and work via your bluetooth? I might try it tonight.

Actually I was thinking about that, gonna try it also.

0 Likes
tim600sl
Contributor - Level 3

Just tried it, not working..... it's showing that it's playing but no sound, and yes the sound is on and the volume all the way up

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

In the menu option, I found you can tell it to output the sound to the speaker and that works, but no Bluetooth. I checked and it said my audio is outputting to the Bluetooth, but it isn't. Bummer.

0 Likes
M_R_L
Contributor - Level 1

Serious design flaw. Someone was not thinking. I have an iPod with the same issue. It needs the headphone cord to use the FM. I cannot use FM on the iPod while the iPod is docked with a stereo speaker docking station.

0 Likes