Question?? Backup Assistant - Going from BlackBerry to Droid
JediTim28

I am going from a BlackBerry Curve to a Droid X.  Do I need to use the Backup Assistant or can I connect the information on my Gmail account (Contacts etc) to the Droid X. 

I have the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and use this to backup my phone...do I really need to do anything or can I activate my new Droids?

Thanks, Tim

0 Likes
Re: Question?? Backup Assistant - Going from BlackBerry to Droid
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I would think you have your contacts already on your online account. If yes then do this.....

1. Go to Verizon Wireless and log into My Verizon.  If you do not already have a My Verizon login and password select the “register” link.

2. On the My Verizon landing page select either “My Contacts” from the account actions on  the right side of the page, or the “Contacts” button at the top of the page..

3. Export the .csv file:

a. Select the contacts that you want to export. If you want to export the entire list use "Select All".

b. Select the "Export Contacts" function.

c. Select the option to export contacts in "CV (Outlook)" format.

4. Save the exported .csv file to your computer.

5. Go to mail.google.com and log in. You will need to register for an account if you do not already have one.

6. Select “Contacts” from the menu on the left side of the screen. Once on the contact page select “Import” in the upper right hand corner.

7. Follow system prompts to import your .csv file.

8. Activate your Android device.

9. Sign into your Gmail account on your DROID. Contacts will sync automatically over the air.

0 Likes
keepingitreal
Contributor - Level 1

Did you have the ability to use Back Up Assistant on your Curve?  If so make sure you have a recent sync and then download Back Up Assistant on your Droid.  That will bring over your contacts.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

keepingitreal wrote:

Did you have the ability to use Back Up Assistant on your Curve?  If so make sure you have a recent sync and then download Back Up Assistant on your Droid.  That will bring over your contacts.

Back up assistant is not compatible for the blackberry phones as far as I know

0 Likes
DeKree

I moved from the BB Storm, and never used backup on my storm. I activated my X before thinking about my contacts and my storm was deactivated. I thought my life was ruined!! BUT I found the easiest way to transfer contacts!! its called Bluetooth!! it was so fast! took only a few minutes to get both phones to connect and learn how to  transfer contacts from BB to X.... and whoooaaala! instant contacts transfer!  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
keepingitreal
Contributor - Level 1

It is available on certain BlackBerry devices.  I used the application on my BlackBerry Storm.

0 Likes
Benjamin

How did you do this? :smileyhappy:

I am going from an old blackberry, I backed it up using the blackberry desktop manager, and I have that saved on my desktop, but I am clueless how to get all that data (contacts, txts, call logs) on my new droid.

any help woudl be appreciated

0 Likes
Texas_star

I am trying to use Bluetooth function to transfer contacts from Blackberry Curve to Droid X. However when they are pairing BB Curve keeps asking for Droid X Passkey. Where can I find the passkey for Droid X?

0 Likes
brxtacy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was unable to get my BB Tour to transfer my contacts to my X. It would connect, but I was unable to transfer due to a data communication error. And from everything I have read and been told, the android devices are having lots of PIN problems with Backup Assistant, including my X, it says incorrect PIN even though I can send it to myself and enter it as it says on the screen lol. In the end it was easier for me to just export my contacts and sync using my Gmail.

My X generated a pass key automatically. If it doesnt, u can enter your own passkey, like 0000 for example.

0 Likes
Texas_star

Where do I go to generate my passkey?

0 Likes