Question About Droid data plan...help!
mobiggz

So I have a motorola droid with Nationwide Select 900 plus the $29.99 data plan. I was downloading some apps from the Android Market and came across the Pandora radio app. My friend has one on the I-Phone and Its an awesome app. So I downloaded it and a screen came up saying that pandora uses alot of data and to make sure you have an unlimited plan because you arew responsible for all data charges. So my qyestion is...Is the 29.99 data plan cover this??? My online usage for data shows my allowance as unlimited....BUT if that was the case why is there a 29.99 data plan and a 44.99 unlimted plan?!?!? Whats the difference?! I definatly dont want to get cold busted for this stuff come sneaky bill time....anybody help out???

0 Likes
Re: Question About Droid data plan...help!
foobah

The $44.99 plan includes the Microsoft Exchange feature. Both are unlimited data.

0 Likes
mobiggz

Yea I kinda figures it out after some researching and soul searching....

This link helps out a little as well...but good to know they are both unlimited

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2355249,00.asp

0 Likes
Count400

Are you sure. i have the same question. I have been reading these forums for about six months and everything I have read states that there is no Unlimited Plan. That there is a 5gig cap.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I would suggest verifying with Verizon.

0 Likes
CLARIFICATION ABOUT DROID AND $29.99 UNLIMITED DATA PLAN.
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

$29.99 Data Plan for DROID includes:

Email & Web for Smartphone
(provisions E&W for Smartphone.
Not for Enterprise Email )
$29.99UnlimN/APer Calling Plan

Features, Benefits & Definitions

Email & Web for Smartphone is an easy-to-use email solution that provides access to the internet and personal email services such as Yahoo!, Windows Live, AOL, AIM and Verizon.net (plus other POP3/IMAP providers such as Google Gmail, Comcast, or RoadRunner for select devices).

Note:  Email & Web for Smartphone is not for Enterprise Email - i.e. Exchange Active Sync, Wireless Sync, BlackBerry or Good Mobile Messaging

When adding the $29.99 Data plan to the DROID it is Unlmited Data.  Mobile Broadband (MBB) Pricing is different and has its own requirements.

0 Likes
UPSDroid

From what I understand, the 29.99 is meant for Email and surfing. The 49.99 Email and complete Web coverage, surfing, downloads and uploads, minus the 5Gb limit. Hope this helps. 

0 Likes
rlivin

It is unlimited, i have already used 212MB this month coming from a BB plan to the droid for a week now.

0 Likes
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Allow me to clarify, there is a difference between Unlimited PDA/Smartphone or Blackberry versus Unlimited Aircard usage where you would be using a laptop.  Unlimited DOES exist using the PDA/Smartphone plans of $29.99 Consumer or $44.99 for the Enterprise addition.  You add the Data Plan Feature to your PDA/BB/Smartphone and you CAN use data what would be refered to as UNLIMITED... However, you cannot then use that same plan to tether your Smartphone/PDA/BB to a Laptop...  I hope this makes sense, if you are still confused, I have some great collateral that explains it and I'll get it to you, just send me a Private Message..

0 Likes