Push Gmail time delay??
LarryB

I'm looking to upgrade to an Incredible next month. I am currently using a Blackberry Curve 8330. I set up an email account on gmail and added the account to my vzx account. I downloaded the Gmail app and installed it. I am getting time delays of between 10 and 50 seconds from the time the test email leaves my desktop to the time it shows up on my BB. For work I am receiving emails of jobs to bid on and they are first come, first served, so the time delay is a big factor for me.  My Blackberry is consistently receiving emails in 8 to 10 seconds. I understand that I may have some issues running the Gmail app on the BB. What is the"normal" time delay that everyone is seeing? And is the delay pretty consistent or variable like I am experiencing?

0 Likes
Re: Push Gmail time delay??
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

Ihave found some solutions to your particular issue in the blackberry support forum that may resolve your issue. I have provided a link for you: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve-BlackBerry-8300/Time-delay-in-receiving-emai... 

I hope this is helpful for you.

0 Likes
Re: Push Gmail time delay??
LarryB

I must not have explained my need well enough. My Blackberry Curve works well for me. However, I want to change over to an Incredible next month. I am asking if the Incredible will give me the same prompt delivery I am currently getting with my VZW.blackberry.net email, as this is critical for me.

0 Likes