Purchased HTC Droid Incredible and cannot use voice dialing
Roballen08

I have a Bluetooth device Jabra BT8010 which I have used on many phone (HTC Pro II).  I cannot make the Incredible accept voice dialing from my headset.  Is there a headset that works,  I cannot believe that this does not work.  Hands Free has been around for a long time.  Most states are making laws that you must have hands free phones while driving.  Please tell me that a patch is coming.  This will complete the name incredible for the HTC Droid!  

0 Likes
Re: Purchased HTC Droid Incredible and cannot use voice dialing
NavyStingerDoc

I am experiencing the same problem with the Jabra BT2070. It worked fine on my BB Storm, but voice dialing is not working on the Droid Incredible, although they paired without any problem. I called Jabra support and they pointed to VZ.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i  hate to break it to you...but no....there's no "complete hands free voice dialing." search this or other forums, or google it. many threads out their with work arounds (sort of), but they all involve actually touching the phone at least once. it is a fix coming with android 2.2 (froyo)....but for now, i've only seen a few cars that had built in bluetooth that it actually works on. it's an android issue.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

Roballen08 wrote:

I have a Bluetooth device Jabra BT8010 which I have used on many phone (HTC Pro II).  I cannot make the Incredible accept voice dialing from my headset.  Is there a headset that works,  I cannot believe that this does not work.  Hands Free has been around for a long time.  Most states are making laws that you must have hands free phones while driving.  Please tell me that a patch is coming.  This will complete the name incredible for the HTC Droid!  

welcome to android, and the one thing stopping me from getting one. this is a lack of the feature problem, not a problem with your phone.

0 Likes
tom29909

Had the same problem.  The Android 2.1OS does not support Bluetooth Voice Activation and won't until they publish the next operating system update.  After spending two very frustrating days trying to make it work, was able to get in contact with an HTC technical resource.    A convenient little fact that neither HTC nor Verizon bother to publish in their marketing literature...gee I wonder why?  Love the Incredible and its functionality but very disappointed that I'm having to wait around for them to get the Android OS up to speed with Bluetooth capability that has been around for a while.  Talk about a development miss.  If your in a state that requires hands free...you have a real problem!   

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

tom29909 wrote:

Had the same problem.  The Android 2.1OS does not support Bluetooth Voice Activation and won't until they publish the next operating system update.  After spending two very frustrating days trying to make it work, was able to get in contact with an HTC technical resource.    A convenient little fact that neither HTC nor Verizon bother to publish in their marketing literature...gee I wonder why?  Love the Incredible and its functionality but very disappointed that I'm having to wait around for them to get the Android OS up to speed with Bluetooth capability that has been around for a while.  Talk about a development miss.  If your in a state that requires hands free...you have a real problem!   

and I doubt "but officer, my flashy smart phone doesn't support it" will be an acceptable excuse.

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3

From what I can find the only requirement for handsfree is so you don't hold the phone to your ear while driving.  If for legal reason you want to drive handsfree legally, your best option would be to use a wired headeset with mic.  I believe android will work fine with the wired option, but I haven't tried that myself as of yet.  The software just doesn't support bluetooth so I don't see why the wired option wouldn't work.  Has anyone tried a wired solution?

I looked briefly at http://www.handsfreecellphonelaw.com/ about hands free kaw, but I didn't get into the state by state on handsfree law and what they cover specifically, but the larger reason is for the holding of the phone to the ear while driving. 

Blue tooth isn't a requirement.  Making the call it self isn't even illegal using the phone, it is talking while driving. 

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

actually, holding and operating the phone with your hands is the problem. texting, dialing, ect. is the distracting part.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Most phone laws say "while the car is moving" so if you wait for a stop, or red light you're good. That's NY law anyways, but I assume most states have it written the same way. Most people don't know that little catch.
0 Likes
cleveland

I can't get voice dialing to work on my Incredible even without a bluetooth headset. Any ideas?

0 Likes