Proximity Sensor
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I have been having problems with my sensor... I am unsure if it is the 2.2 or my refurb... I got the refurb around 2 days before the update.

If anyone else has had this issue please explain your solution.
0 Likes
Re: Proximity Sensor
JerryHam

Did you want to describe the issue a bit for us? For example, what is the problem with the sensor? Does it not notice when the phone is close to your face (where it should blank the screen) or does it blank fine, but when you take the phone back away from your face the screen doesn't come back on? There are many things that you could mean by your post - "having problems with my sensor" doesn't give us enough to go on to either help our or tell you if we have similar issues.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
How about all of the above.

#1 phone goes black just fine, after 20 seconds the screen comes back on even when it is next to my head.

#2 phone will go black and not come out unless I lock and unlock the phone.

I have hung up on 3 people today (work phone too)... I have prompted/several menus I didn't want as well...

Does that help Jerry? I hope that clarifies it... does anyone else think I shouldn't have all these issues?
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

No issues here.  There have been reported issues where if you have it laying on your shoulder, the screen will come back on.  Guess they adjusted the sensitivity of it or something.

0 Likes
RonAnderson
I have that problem while talking as a phone. The screen locks, and will not unlock. I push the slider open and the phone comes back. The other thing I found while using as a phone cheek will hit the add a call button and mute you. Then screen locks, and they hang up.
0 Likes
DaddyJosh

I'm also having the same issue

0 Likes
skh
My wife has the same issues with hers. I don't have any with mine. Then she used mine one day, and promptly hung up on someone. I never have.
0 Likes
skh
I'm not saying there isn't a problem. I have also used hers and have never experienced these problems. She complains about them almost daily.
0 Likes
nikki61681

yea I have had my phone for 6 months and have never had a problem but now when I keep dropping calls and I think it maybe my ear hitting the end

0 Likes
Jennifer81

I've been having the same issue. While on a call my dial pad will come up and as I'm talking I'm dialing numbers. Also I've had a call become muted while using the speaker phone. Also I was unable to answer a call today it would only let me decline the call. I've been trying to figure out how to change the sensitivity on my phone but I can't seem to find it. All this started happening when we got the new update.

0 Likes