Problems with Samsung Droid Charge phone
EricaW

I am having several issues with my droid charge phone and am not having much luck getting through to customer service or live chat, so I'm hoping some of my fellow customers have some ideas.

I have some photos on the thing I'd like to get onto my computer hard drive. I know I've done this before by connecting it to the computer directly via the USB cable. My OS is Windows 7.

1. When I hook it up to my computer, there's a connection noise (the little beep), but instead of the phone icon showing up under my computer, it pops up as "CD drive F" When I double click on this icon, I get the message "please insert a disc into drive F."

So for some reason, my computer is not seeing it as a cell phone. I tried updating my device's software, and I'm getting a message in the lower right hand corner saying my device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware.

2. I tried sending the photos from the gallery application and e-mailing them to myself, but about 3/4 of the pictures are not coming through in the messages (just blank). When I tried sending them as attachments, I get the message that the files are too large.

I vaguely recall that there might be another way to get photos from my phone to my computer wirelessly (since it's not acknowledging when I connect the phone to my computer anymore), but I can't find directions on how to do this in my

3. On an unrelated note (this has been an issue for a while), when I dial into my voice mail to check my messages, when the little pad comes up to enter my pw, the first number of my pw (don't want to say which one it is) usually makes the screen go black instead of entering the number. Other numbers don't do this, just that particular one.

I vaguely recall that there might be another way to get photos off the phone wirelessly, but heck if I can find any instructions anywhere on the site or in my manual.

Thanks to anyone who has any advice here Smiley Happy

Erica

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems with Samsung Droid Charge phone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Get a micro SD card, save/move the photos to the card, and then transfer them to the computer from the card, or,

Use Bluetooth to transfer the photos, or

Get ES File Manager app so you can see the photos on your phone directly, or

Use DropBox app on the phone and computer to store photos and have them available on the computer.

Good luck.  I'm sure there are other ways, but these are the ones I use.  Every pic i take is also sent to my Google + account so they are available there too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Samsung Droid Charge phone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Get a micro SD card, save/move the photos to the card, and then transfer them to the computer from the card, or,

Use Bluetooth to transfer the photos, or

Get ES File Manager app so you can see the photos on your phone directly, or

Use DropBox app on the phone and computer to store photos and have them available on the computer.

Good luck.  I'm sure there are other ways, but these are the ones I use.  Every pic i take is also sent to my Google + account so they are available there too.

0 Likes