Problems Viewing emails on Motorla Droid with Verizon
earls78

I have a Motorola Droid and can't view my emails. I successfully synced my campus email with my phone as well. All my emails show up and it automatically notifies myself when I have a new email. The only problem that I am having is when I go to view my email the following message appears "the application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I have verified that all my settings are correct but still am having this problem. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems Viewing emails on Motorla Droid with Verizon
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

earls78 wrote:

I have a Motorola Droid and can't view my emails. I successfully synced my campus email with my phone as well. All my emails show up and it automatically notifies myself when I have a new email. The only problem that I am having is when I go to view my email the following message appears "the application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I have verified that all my settings are correct but still am having this problem. 

Try this from your home screen:  Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu > Filter > All, scroll to Email and select it, then select "Clear Cache".  After you exit back out to the home screen, turn of the phone and do a battery pull.  If it still does the same thing after the reboot, follow those same steps but instead of "Clear Cache" select "Clear Data".  The "clear data" option will most likely cause you to have to re-enter your email server information.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

earls78 wrote:

Try this from your home screen:  Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu > Filter > All, scroll to Email and select it, then select "Clear Cache".  After you exit back out to the home screen, turn of the phone and do a battery pull.  If it still does the same thing after the reboot, follow those same steps but instead of "Clear Cache" select "Clear Data".  The "clear data" option will most likely cause you to have to re-enter your email server information.

0 Likes
earls78

Perfect! I appreciate the help. Everything works, I am able to view attachments and respond to emails.

Thanks for the help

0 Likes