Problems Problems Problems - Droid 1
TannerBrach413

Alright, So I am on my 2nd Refurbished Droid 1 and am still having problems. The phone is slow and freezes religiously when trying to make phone calls, and the phone randomly will shut off and not power on for 20 to 30 minutes after shutting down. Iv done everything to try and correct these problems even factory reseting the device but nothing works. I hope Verizon or Motorola will help me solve this problem and fix/replace my device. The Droid 1 is not a good device and I don't recommend it for anyone.

Thanks in Advanced,

Tanner Brach

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems Problems Problems - Droid 1
Not applicable
The Motorola Droid 1 is a great phone for most people.
0 Likes
jannac

I agree.  I love my Droid.

0 Likes
scottshad
The motorola droid is an excellent, but it is obvious that you have been getting lemons, well, STAY ON TOP OF IT, keep complaining or keep going to your local office. Verizon is a great company and I am sure they will eventually fix it for you.
I know, this doesn't help you in the meantime. just don't give and keep on talking to them.
wish you the best.
0 Likes
Milhouse670

Having the same issues... so is a co worker of mine. Tech support says they know about it and shipped her a replacement.. its 2 days old and doing the same thing. I am on my 2nd replacement as well.. the store wont do anything about it.

I guess I have to call tech support and see what they do....

Love the phone, if it would work consistently

0 Likes
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Next time call is dropped or freezes try a soft reset. In most cases, a soft reset will not affect data on the device, unless the battery is very low.

1. Press the Power key.
    Power Key
  2. Touch Power off.
    Power Off
  3. Touch OK.
    Confirm power off
  4. Press the Power key to power on the device.
    Power Key

Also dial *228 option 1 to update PRL on phone. 

0 Likes
MotoDroider

I have the Orig Motorola Droid and it's been an excellent phone.

Maybe a batch of bad ones got out..

Keep bugging Verizon til they help you.

0 Likes
heinsite

I've had nothing but problems, upgraded, swapped, reset.  Can not get Verizon to do anything but swap out for another dud! Motorola is not any better, they want me to send in for 5 day repair evaluation.  Great warranty!  I would stay away from the Droid1..I have not read about any of the same issue with the Droid2..Hey just remove the battery every two days....works fine then. Mine locks, killed a battery, sometimes sync with blue tooth, have one program updating for a week now, now another is is stuck...battery pull does not fix this.  You just can't reason with the Verizon people...just want to swap for another used Droid1 because they know it will work for 30 to 60 days and eventually you will be out of warranty or it will be time for an upgrade.  The only thing I can figure is that the happy Droid1 users just use the phone, text and surf a little OR you got one that actually works like it is supposed too.  Wonder if I could request one that was built on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday....We learned from the car industry that friday is call in sick day and monday is hangover day.

0 Likes
lex22
Enthusiast - Level 2

My refrurbed Droid bricked on Saturday. I just plain died.  I was using it.  Put it down.  Did some other stuff and then picked it up again about 30 minutes later and it was as dead as a doornail.

I should have another refurb tomorrow.  I never like refurb product and this one lived up to my experience with refurbs (regardless of product)

To Verizon's credit, the customer service person was very nice and understanding and never made me feel like she didn't believe me.  She tried some things, none of which brought it back to life

So this will be my third Droid. My wife also has a Droid and it has been flawless.  Hopefully the third time is a charm.

When the phone worked, I really liked it.

Lex

0 Likes
lex22
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has gotten ridiculous.  I wrote above that my Droid died over the weekend (This particular Droid was a refurb replacement of a new Droid that died after about 6 or so months of moderate use) .  My refurb showed up on Tuesday but it was DOA given that the battery door would not go in it.  Obviously, the person who owned it before got something jammed in the slots that receive that the prongs of the battery cover.  I called Verizon, who agreed to send yet another refurbed phone.  That came yesterday but I did not have time to deal with it.  First thing this morning, I try to activate the new refurb and the physical keyboard does not work.  Or more particularly, the "s" key does not work.

I asked Verizon to replace it with a new phone but they said they couldn't because it is controled by Motorola.  I find this a bit hard to believe, but it seems there is no recourse.   Anyway, I'm getting my fourth refurb tomorrow, third in a week.

I don't know what you have to do to actually get a new phone, because it is obvious that the refurbs were sent back to Verizon for a reason and whatever they do to make them allegedly "like new" is a joke because they get sent out again with problems.

The only thing positive I can say is that the people on the phones for Verizon have all been very nice, but they seem powerless to do anything.

0 Likes