Re: Problems Day 1...are you serious? Droid X
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Mine just power cycled, but could be because I am using the helix launcher to hide that **bleep** moto blur that shows my contact short cut at the bottom right. Everything else is fine except that and the privacy issue. I may swao it out for the incredible within a few days.
0 Likes
Re: Problems Day 1...are you serious? Droid XVZW
JetStar

Well I have had my Droid X since the moment the VZW store opened Thursday morning and I have not experienced ANY of the problems that anyone here has described.

Everyone knows that a certain percentage of electronics are faulty due to manufacturing and technical glitches.  I would say that you have the unfortunate position of being one of those that got a faulty one and just need to exchange it.

My DROID X works like a charm and the only issue I am having now is the fact that Skype Mobile doesn't acutally run on WiFi, but off the VZW 3G Wireless network...so I *CAN'T* use my DROID X outside of the country in places that don't have CDMA (I'm currently in Franfurt Germany, on business).

Otherwise, it's a great phone.

0 Likes
Re: Problems Day 1...are you serious? Droid XVZW
Wildman
Legend

This is strange I usually run into issues that no one else has noticed and I have beentold it must been something with my device because no one else has experianced it but theis time I am the one that havent had any major issues with my device, it is strange to read that someone is having lock up issues already, I am starting to think that there may have been a few bad seeds in the batch...

Hope everyone can resolve this issue reported because nothing is like waiting for a device and then have issue with it after getting it.. (But keep in mind that this is a new device and all devices run into its bugs)

By the way you might want to read this about a update fix is reported to be possible realeased on 07-21-2010, check it out here:  http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-x-update-promises-bevy-minor-fixes

0 Likes
keepingitreal
Contributor - Level 1

I'm trying to figure out why someone would give up a perfectly good working phone to move to something that hasn't proven itself in the marketplace yet.  Also, why did you pay $300 for a device that sells for $199.99?  You have the option to return the phone and get your money back and then you can purchase another Incredible, so you aren't stuck with the device.

0 Likes
Brievez

Those issues are not normal, I would first try a hard reset from Settings > Privacy, and if that did not solve your problems, I would exchange the phone for a new one.

0 Likes
caseyr547

hello my droid has wifi problems too called verizon and they did everything they could in about an hour

then sent me to motorola who said to exchange the phone

i think they have some kind of bug or something

its kool just fix it quick verizon moto or google :smileyhappy:

http://bit.ly/dfAU2h

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/16421-wifi-problems-2.html

0 Likes
shipwrestler125
Enthusiast - Level 3

step back relax dont have a heart attack you can return it for another one its not that difficult there is about less then 1% of all new phones have problems so exchange it simple as that

0 Likes
lifeasawhopper

i am having all the same problems you are with it turning off,and the 3g droping,plus my screen shakes alot for somereason..i miss my incredible to

0 Likes
whitec678

I have read all of the various posts about freezing, WIFI, etc. but I am not having these problems.  I hope that it either works itself out for you or you get a replacement phone.  The incredible is not all that incredible.  Like anything new you have to give it some time to work itself out, besides it hasn't been a week yet. 

0 Likes
Dawsongurl

I agree.  I am trying to wait patiently on getting a new phone.  Which is very hard for me! My upgrade date is Oct 7th so I will have faith that the experts will get the bugs out of the Droid X by then cause I am a little tired of my BB Storm1 phone.  I can't stand the lack of applications I can use and how slow it can get sometimes.  I do hope that whatever phone I decide to upgrade to will be well worth it and that I can be satisfy for at least a FULL 2 years.  I am beginning to feel caught up with this whole UPDATE TECHNOLOGY THANG. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes