Problem with headphone jack!!!
PhontomF

I have just discovered a major problem with my phone. There is a nasty whine when using headphones while either listening to music or watching video. I found many others complaining about this issue on other forums. Test it out just put on some headphones and play music or video with the media volume turned down all the way, pause the media and the whine will stop a few seconds later. This is a deal breaker for me I will return the phone if this can't be fixed with software as I listen to a lot of media through headphones everyday. I can't believe this could get through quality testing!

0 Likes
Re: Problem with headphone jack!!!
B33
Legend

I would take back as soon as you read my post an see if or ask if they'll let you Test the ear jack on the display model or pull another new from inventory an if the issue is not present in the display model or the one they pulled. make them exchange the phone. if its present in one of them its your disission wich to choose but for me i'd decline it an go with something els. An to let you know the Next HTC phone from Verizon will posibly Have BEATS AUDIO From Dre so if you like music an Htc i think that will be a good combination.

But thats what i'd do if its making that weired sound i'd return it. And good luck.  B33

0 Likes
rtpnc6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have no issue on my phone using the Bose in ear headphones. Sound is really good and there are now equalization setting for the default music player.  Perha[ps you need to turn up the volume on the application that you are using. My music player (PowerAmp) has a preamp limiter that I've set to 75%. The phone volume itself is set down, so that I can only hear music.

0 Likes
byrnsey88

Yeah Ii have the whine too. I use my phone audio sometimes for djing when someones wants a certain song I don't have. This needs to be fixed.

0 Likes
walkman666

I do not see how this can be fixed. It's got to be the little headphone ampilfier within the device.  No firmware or software update can fix an audible whine or hiss, but I sure hope I'm wrong. 

0 Likes
btkicker

I'm hearing the same thing. A whine when you hit pause in netflix or local video playback. 

Hopefully there's a SW fix!

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello community members! Thanks so much for your feedback. I have used your statements as the basis to alert our product research team for review. I appreciate your patience. Have a great day!

0 Likes
Giovanni8089

This is a widespread problem and people are returning their phones by the truck loads. What is Verizon's official stance on this?

See these threads on the Motorola forums.

High pitch noise

http://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/57436

High Pitch Noise Test & Stats

http://supportforums.motorola.com/message/467392

0 Likes
VZWExpert
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know that there are problems with certain headsets that are specifically designed for use with iPhones. I have experienced issues on different Motorola Droid phones with these. The issue also exists the other way when I have plugged headsets not specifically marked for iDevices into an iPhone. Some headset plugs and jacks are shielded, while some are not. I would recommend testing Monster Mobile Jamz with your device, as they are marked "For Motorola, LG, HTC, etc." Monster also has the iBeats line clearly marked "For iPhone, iPod, iPad." If you experience issues with headsets that are marked for Motorola phones, bring it back. Ultimately, I find bluetooth audio quality on the Motorola S10HD set is fantastic. That way you don't have to fuss with wires and there's no plugs or jacks to worry about breaking.

0 Likes
walkman666
No way this whine is due to incompatible headphones. I use various high end iem's, and the whineis noticeable. There are widespread reports in many mobile communities of this problem (droidforum, androidcentral, phandroid, howard, etc.). If the recommendation is to return a bionic if you have or hear a whine, then the majority of owners would be returning heir bionics. The issue is likely with the headphone jack, but i guess i would not rule out interference, but i think that is unlikely. Othwrwise, youd have the same tech probs with other 4g handsets. The whine is most noticeable when thete is or should be, silence. There is no black background. I dont often use a headphone with my handset,so i am not too bothered, but if i did, i would have a tough time dealing with this whine.
0 Likes