Problem with Pictures
Vremyonni

I'm having a problem with my droid not detecting any pictures that I put on the SD card.  I put music on the SD card fine but when I tried doing pictures, they won't show up.  I'm thinking the mediascanner flaked out on me, is there away to restart the service?

0 Likes
Re: Problem with Pictures
solar3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know about the software you're referring to. I just made a folder called PICTURES with the Droid plugged in o the PC and mounted. I was able to make subfolders as well. Then I just placed the pics into PICTURES folder and they were there. Maybe try restarting the device to clear up any issues as well.

0 Likes
KarlgWire

Vremyonni wrote:

I'm having a problem with my droid not detecting any pictures that I put on the SD card.  I put music on the SD card fine but when I tried doing pictures, they won't show up.  I'm thinking the mediascanner flaked out on me, is there away to restart the service?

It appears pictures are stored on the SD card in a folder called DCIM, similar to many digital cameras. I just made another folder under DCIM called "oldpictures" and copied the pictures from my old SD card. The phone recognized them when I started gallery and they are in there own group. I did have to adjust the rotation to display horizontally.

0 Likes
cannston1

Yes, this works, but the SD card is "unmounted" while the Droid is linked to the computer you transferred the pictures from. Once you disconnect the Droid, you can run Gallery and it will find the folder.

0 Likes