Problem with GMail and Market
EmsMom1999

Hi,

I will try to make a long story short -- I recently had my email address (hotmail) hacked and decided to close all current email accounts (I had two - one hotmail and one GMail) I created the GMail account when I got my Droid Incredible.

After deleting the original GMail account I had created when I got my phone,   I created a new GMail account.   Since doing this, I can no longer  access the market on my phone as it keeps asking for the password to my old/deleted GMail account (which I closed and is no longer active).  I figured the only thing I could do was reset the phone to factory settings but I don't want to lose all my pictures, music, etc.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?   I tried moving my pictures (via my PC) to the SD card but I wasn't able to figure that out and it never showed the sd card as a separate drive on my PC.  

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

0 Likes
Re: Problem with GMail and Market
jonnyb120
Try using sugar sync to get your pics to your pc. There's an app for tour phone and pc. Works great for me. I have it set to to synchronize as soon as I get home and turn on my WiFi connection.
0 Likes
Re: Problem with GMail and Market
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi EmsMom1999,

I understand the importance of saving your pictures.  You are correct in saying you will need to complete a Master Reset:

1. Touch Settings 
  2. Touch SD & phone storage
  3. Touch Factory data reset
  4. Tap Reset phone or Reset phone & internal storage
  5. Tap Erase everything

However, as long as your pictures are stored to your SD card vs. the internal memory of the device, they will not be erased after completing a Master Reset.  Additionally, if you would like to store you pictures to your PC, you will need a Card Reader. I am hopeful this information will resolve your issue.  Please advise if require further assistance.  

Thank you,

0 Likes