Highlighted

Private number when calling family

Does anyone know how to remove the block so that when I call people my number appears or my name?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Private number when calling family

Dear kdy88,

You need to set this feature up through the VZW website, specifically on your My Verizon page.  The feature when activated blocks your name/number from appearing for all calls, unless you manually disable the feature on a call-by-call basis. 

The following is the description of the feature taken from the VZW website:

Caller ID Blocking

Permanently block your number from displaying to others when you call. If you want to allow your number to display on a per-call basis, you can dial *82 + area code and phone number + SEND.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

I once had a complete block so on all my outgoing calls so my number/name was blocked.  This means that whoever received my call got a message that said RESTRICTED..  As I remember I had to call Verizon at 611 and they had to remove the block.

If you want to keep the total block except for family you can put *86 in front of family members and they can see your number/name but everyone else will get the RESTRICTED message.  There is a fatal shortcoming when you add the *86 in front of their number which is, you no longer can send messages to them and that is why I removed the total block.

Last but not least if you remove the block but there are a few folks that you do not want to see your name/number just put *67 in front of their number and remember you cannot message them.

JerryF

0 Likes
Highlighted

Dear kdy88,

You need to set this feature up through the VZW website, specifically on your My Verizon page.  The feature when activated blocks your name/number from appearing for all calls, unless you manually disable the feature on a call-by-call basis. 

The following is the description of the feature taken from the VZW website:

Caller ID Blocking

Permanently block your number from displaying to others when you call. If you want to allow your number to display on a per-call basis, you can dial *82 + area code and phone number + SEND.

View solution in original post

0 Likes