Power is on but phone won't work
ppompili

I just tried to change my wall paper using a pic from my gallery, and the phone now will not work. I have power but no display. My green alert light is flashing  and when I called the phone it rang. But I can't get the dispay to come on so I can't call, Power is on but phone won't work

0 Likes
Re: Power is on but phone won't work
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried plugging the battery while the phone is turn on?  Leave the battery out for a minute then re-assemble and power on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

As Ann said if you can get your phone on by pulling the Battery i would try it an also get rid of the Wallpaper it may be a Rouge/Bad wallpaper.

0 Likes
LatachaM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello ppompili,

I would like to thank the community for your great responses. I would like to add you can try running your device in safe mode. Here is the link: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35030

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

LatachaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ppompili

I was able to reset my phone to the manuf. Settings using the process given to me by the verizon tech rep on the phone. The suggestions i received, i had already tried. I wasn't sure how or where to reply. Tell them all thanks!

<< Personal information removed to comply with Verizon Community ToS >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
ICBM65

I am having this same problem. Turned in first phone and second phone also gets hung up during power on routine. I was told at store that factory reset could not happen b/c phone would not fully power on and screen not visible. Help?

0 Likes