Poor Audio Quality when on calls, people say I sound far away and can't hear me at all
ashleya

I have had my droid for a little over a week now, recently I have had people telling me that they can't hear me and it sounds like I have them on speaker when I don't, they say it sounds like I'm very far away. I have tried turning my phone off then back as well as taking the battery out to reset it. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue at all. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Poor Audio Quality when on calls, people say I sound far away and can't hear me at all
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

I consistantly had the problem with phone calls on the Droid. I would be talking, feel a slight vibration, and the other person could not hear me. I could hear them. I was as careful as possible to not hit anything. It would show up as stars... even though I could not replicate this.

I returned the Droid for another Droid, had a question about my contract so I was waiting my turn talking to a friend when it happened again. At that point, I was frustrated with not only my contract changing on me (I bought the phone prior to them changing the early term fees, but when I had to return it because it was faulty, my early term fee went from $175 to $350.), but the phone itself. I returned it within 30 minutes of getting it... went back to my old phone and plan to get an iphone for Christmas.

0 Likes
Re: Poor Audio Quality when on calls, people say I sound far away and can't hear me at all
Easton091
Enthusiast - Level 3

Under call settings turn off voice privacy and hearing aid.

0 Likes
ksxox10
Contributor - Level 2

On several occasions I have been in the middle of a call when all of a sudden the caller can no longer hear me. I am getting frustrated becase I really love this phone a lot but there have been a few quirky things that have made me begin to question my choice.

0 Likes
ksxox10
Contributor - Level 2

Easton091 wrote

Under call settings turn off voice privacy and hearing aid.

I checked my settings and the privacy and hearing aid things were already off.

0 Likes
Easton091
Enthusiast - Level 3

Must be in a bad signal area then.  I cant think of any other reason why someone cant hear you.

0 Likes
beleafer

I'm having the same problem, just started a couple of days ago.  And I checked the privacy and hearing aid settings as well, but that didn't help either.  I called Verizon last night and the tech person I talked to believes it is a faulty microphone.  So they are sending a replacement unit.  STINKS that it's a "like new" one instead of a new one to replace my 2 month old phone!!

0 Likes