Please tell me where to find the car dock for the Droid
daretoomnia
Contributor - Level 1

I'm so confused...I've looked and looked online, can't find anything, asked in my local Verizon store...they said "they are not available....not even the warehouse has them".  Motorola site still says "coming soon".  Sooooooo.....where are all the folks on here that say they have the car mount getting them from? I want one so bad! 

0 Likes
Re: Please tell me where to find the car dock for the Droid
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

daretoomnia wrote:

I'm so confused...I've looked and looked online, can't find anything, asked in my local Verizon store...they said "they are not available....not even the warehouse has them".  Motorola site still says "coming soon".  Sooooooo.....where are all the folks on here that say they have the car mount getting them from? I want one so bad! 

dont bother with the motorola site. they are here.

however, the holidays are approaching and you might be out of luck for a couple weeks.  the verizon website usually has them listed but they are not even listed, not even an "Out of Stock", strange.

you will have to wait like one time at band camp.....

no really, verizon was out of the shell/holster combo for weeks and then they finally started selling them, so you will have to be patient.

oh yeah, it's great, a great holster and shell for the droid.

0 Likes
Ardoreal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered mine from VZ, but I also have a corporate discount...so I'd order every cell related accessory from VZ...

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon did have them but they were in high demand so they ran out you will have to be patient until verizon gets some more my store had some on the 6th when I got mine but I never got it wish I did now.

0 Likes
daretoomnia
Contributor - Level 1

Very disappointed....one of the huge reasons for my getting the Droid was the google navigation in the car....why oh why can I not get the car dock so I can use it?  I know....I can use it now and just lay the phone in my lap....dangerous....what was Verizon/Motorola thinking not building these?  I keep checking with my local store almost every day....they say they can't even order them or anything!  What in the world is the holdup? This was a big selling point for the Droid!  Anyone "in the know" or with contacts in Verizon or Motorola have any idea what's going on or when they are going to start making these car docks again?

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

daretoomnia wrote:

Very disappointed....one of the huge reasons for my getting the Droid was the google navigation in the car....why oh why can I not get the car dock so I can use it?  I know....I can use it now and just lay the phone in my lap....dangerous....what was Verizon/Motorola thinking not building these?  I keep checking with my local store almost every day....they say they can't even order them or anything!  What in the world is the holdup? This was a big selling point for the Droid!  Anyone "in the know" or with contacts in Verizon or Motorola have any idea what's going on or when they are going to start making these car docks again?

they will come, you just have to wait.  i had to wait 2 weeks for the shell/holster that verizon was selling for the droid.  if you keep an eye on the website, they will have them in stock before the store and you get 2 day shipping which is a lot quicker than any of the stores.

however, the only advantage the car dock that is designed for the droid is the magnet that activates the car home app.  you could use any universal car dock, just go and buy one of those magnet sheets and fix it to the back of the dock.  the positive that comes from using a universal dock is that if you have a shell on the droid, like the body glove, you wont have to remove the backing to place it into the dock, and we all know how hard it is to remove that.  with the droid car dock you will have to every time.

0 Likes
GreySeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

daretoomnia wrote:

I feel your pain. I am wanting one of them also. 

In the meantime, did you know that you can put the droid to sleep (turn off screen) and it will still give directions verbally.  Doesn't even turn the screen on during the message.  Conserves battery and screen life.  (not that I'm that worried about the screen life, but the battery, yes)

It makes up a little bit for not having the dock and power cable.  I've found the navigation is good enough that you don't need to look at the screen 99% of the time.  I just keep it in my shirt pocket.

Not the best solution, but it's workable til the supply of docks gets better.

0 Likes