Phone won't vibrate when i activate silent mode from lock screen
TuesdaysGone89

I went into settings and changed the vibrate setting to only vibrate in silent mode, and when i put it in silent mode it doesn't vibrate. The only time it will vibrate in silent mode is if i have it set to vibrate all the time which i don't want. Any help would be appreciated it. I just got my phone last week so i'm still fairly new at it.

Also on a side note does anyone notice the in call volume being slightly lower, or is it just me. My old phone when I had my in call volume maxed out i could hold the phone away from my ear and hear them clear as day. With this phone i have to have the phone pressed against my ear to hear clearly. I didn't  know if that was a 2.2 issue or what because all my other speakers work great and are very loud I had to actually turn down my media speaker. Thanks again God Bless.

0 Likes
Re: Phone won't vibrate when i activate silent mode from lock screen
TuesdaysGone89

-=UPDATE=-

I did a hard reset to see if that would resolve the problem, and it didn't it made it worse. Before if i went to homescreen<settings<sound and changed vibrate setting to always instead of only when silent. When i put my phone on silent the phone would atleast vibrate when i got a txt. Now even with my setting on vibrate always it will only vibrate when getting a call while silent but not receiving any other notifications.

0 Likes
HappyJackDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

I don't know. I'd love to help you but it could be a lot of different things.  There are SO MANY places where you can change settings on this phone.  I'd just keep trying different things until you hit on something that works.

0 Likes
PacoX
Enthusiast - Level 3
I don't think the phone has a true "Vibrate" setting which is why you are experiencing problems. You will have to compromise one way or the other. They only way I know how to put the phone in "Vibrate" is to grab an app like Dazzle or Powerwidgets. With these apps you can make a toggle switch for your sound setting, Sound Vibrate or Silent. Its the only way I have gotten Vibrate to work.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

TuesdaysGone89 wrote:

I went into settings and changed the vibrate setting to only vibrate in silent mode, and when i put it in silent mode it doesn't vibrate. The only time it will vibrate in silent mode is if i have it set to vibrate all the time which i don't want. Any help would be appreciated it. I just got my phone last week so i'm still fairly new at it.

Also on a side note does anyone notice the in call volume being slightly lower, or is it just me. My old phone when I had my in call volume maxed out i could hold the phone away from my ear and hear them clear as day. With this phone i have to have the phone pressed against my ear to hear clearly. I didn't  know if that was a 2.2 issue or what because all my other speakers work great and are very loud I had to actually turn down my media speaker. Thanks again God Bless.

I may can help you with this but it would be easier if I knew what alert you are wanting to vibrate because as reported in other post that there is a number of settings for the device to alert you.

1. Check Setting/Sound/Vibrate and change setting to Vibrate "Only in Silent Mode"

2. Under Messaging click Account Name/Left Menu Key/Email Setting/Notifications/Check Vibrate...This option is listed under all accounts listed under Messaging ececpt SMS.

3. For Gmail has to goto to Gmail/Left Menu Key/More/Settings/Vibrate/Only When Silent

If this doesnt resolve issue, you may want to look into Audio Manager or WidgetLocker, I use both of these and I never have to worry about the vibrate option because Audio Manager places all volume options in one place and WidgetLocker allows you to toggle from Ring-Silent-Vibrate just by swiping a slider on lock screen.   Hope this helps you.

0 Likes
TuesdaysGone89

thank you all for replying none of these solutions seem to be working. I've been scouring forums for a while now and been on the phone with moto and verizon reps. I believe it is either a bug with the 2.2 software as far as the vibrate when silent issue. but now i have other issues for instance now when i have vibrate on always it wont even vibrate when receiving a txt, also my phone has been randomly booting car dock and wont recognize media files anymore so they are shipping me a new phone in hopes of resolving the issue.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This doesnt seem to be a 2.2 issue because my device works without issues, did you try hard reset following the instructions here.. http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Minimize-Droid-X-Issues-After-Froyo-Update/m-p/29658...

I am really suprise Audio Manager didnt help.

Audio 2.png+Audio.png

0 Likes
TuesdaysGone89

so just to double check. You can go to the homepage>settings>sounds>select vibrate only while in silent and turn ur phone on silent and your phone will vibrate when you get a txt email or w/e with no problems? I just wanted to make sure it is possible to do that and work and not an issue with 2.2

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

TuesdaysGone89 wrote:

so just to double check. You can go to the homepage>settings>sounds>select vibrate only while in silent and turn ur phone on silent and your phone will vibrate when you get a txt email or w/e with no problems? I just wanted to make sure it is possible to do that and work and not an issue with 2.2

Yes this is correct, my device will vibrate without making a audio alert when I switch to Silent mode with vibrate on without issues.

45445device.png+5885.png  + 88.png +999.png

0 Likes
sascol
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe this is too easy but I use the volume buttons on the upper right side of the phone to set mine to vibrate.  Just use the volume down button until it is one notch from the bottom - that sets the X to vibrate only.

0 Likes