Phone speaker not functioning after LCD replacement
OBU
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just replaced my damaged LCD display and now I have no audio during incoming and outgoing phone calls.  Speaker phone functions properly, however the caller at the other end can hear echos and feedback.  Notification audo functions also.  Could this be a setting or did I forget to connect something?  Any Thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Phone speaker not functioning after LCD replacement
OBU
Enthusiast - Level 3

Should have mentioned this.  It's a 3 month old Motorola Ultra.  Display was damage in an incident involving a parking lot and a car tire.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@OBU,

VZW to the rescue! I'm sorry hear of the issues you are having with the speaker on your phone. Since the displayed was damaged and replaced, the issues you are experiencing may be due to damage. Do you have insurance on the line? If so, you can file a claim here http://bit.ly/07CrqPK.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
OBU
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey JohnB,

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for not noticing until now.  The problem was fixed when I realized I had left the speaker in the original damaged display.  The speaker is pressed against the circuit board by the display.  Therefore there was no speaker in the phone to speak.  I installed the speaker and all was returned to normal.

0 Likes