Phone slips to 1x
Kirin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any of you techy people have an idea what's happening? My D3 keeps dropping from 3G down to 1x. My hubby's remain at 3G and my friend who has LTE is fine. I've already battery pulled, reset, updated, called customer service, gone to local store AND received a refurb (why would that be a viable option o_O). I have the grandfathered unlimited data, and yes, I am online a lot, Netflix is a weakness. But, I only stream when I am in one of my many wifi areas only… so that doesn't count, right? Maybe the way I'm holding the phone is covering the antenna? Any input would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Phone slips to 1x
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your husband have the same phone?  To clarify, you have reprogrammed the phone to the network? Dial *228, option 1.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kirin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yuppers, we both are rockin the D3 by Motorola. The *228 has already been tried by me, friend and store. Services are 3G for about a day then back to 1x. Though, today I found an update which was pretty persistent in being downloaded. So I did and actually kept signal while going through the mountains, like hubby's phone.

I shall see what tomorrow holds.

0 Likes
ncoclub
Enthusiast - Level 3

After I downloaded the Gingerbread update I started loosing 4G. Sometimes it would go to 3G, then 1X, then nothing. I called CS and they had me do the following (I own a Droid). Turn phone off (not sleep but OFF). Remove Battery, Sim Card and Micro SD card. Reinstall cards and battery. Turn phone on. The Verizon (2nd Tier) Tech Support then sent an update to my phone. Told me my phone did not have this latest update. After that my phone works fine. Can't remember exactly what she told me as far as to just what update I did not have. It was not a ROM update but hey, it worked so I didn't pay much attention to it.

0 Likes