Phone not receiving some calls and having delayed text messages!
iJoshMighty
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay so for the past week my phone has been acting crazy I can only receive some calls by total random and most of the time it I will only get a voice mail (if the person leaves one) and no notification of a missed call also my texts want send through and the only way fixing this problem is by actually calling out on my phone and it somehow opens a gateway to let my phone receive a text.  I have no idea whats going on so if you could please help me out that would be awesome!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone not receiving some calls and having delayed text messages!
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Troubleshooting:

Check your signal strength to ensure you are receiving a good signal.

Check to ensure the “No Service” indicator is not displayed on your phone. If you are receiving a good signal and service try power cycle your phone by removing the battery while the phone is on, leaving it off for about 3 seconds.

Put the battery back on, turn the phone on, and attempt to make a call.

You may need to update the software of your phone by dialing *228 and send, when prompted by the operator select option 2 to update your PRL(Preferred Roaming List). Check that the NO SVC indicator is not on, if it’s on you are not getting a signal. Check your signal strength to determine if you are in a low signal area and receiving a signal. Check that your calls are not forwarded to another number.

Use these instructions to ensure any forwarding features are turned off

• *920 to ensure No-Answer-Transfer Call Forwarding is off
  • *720 to ensure Immediate Call Forwarding is off

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Try calling *228 and choosing option 1 to reset your phones, '0's and 1's'.  You will not lose any pictures, contacts or anything.

0 Likes
iJoshMighty
Enthusiast - Level 1

Iv tried it, it still want work.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

What is your signal strength?  From the main screen, MENU>SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE>NETWORK

0 Likes
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Troubleshooting:

Check your signal strength to ensure you are receiving a good signal.

Check to ensure the “No Service” indicator is not displayed on your phone. If you are receiving a good signal and service try power cycle your phone by removing the battery while the phone is on, leaving it off for about 3 seconds.

Put the battery back on, turn the phone on, and attempt to make a call.

You may need to update the software of your phone by dialing *228 and send, when prompted by the operator select option 2 to update your PRL(Preferred Roaming List). Check that the NO SVC indicator is not on, if it’s on you are not getting a signal. Check your signal strength to determine if you are in a low signal area and receiving a signal. Check that your calls are not forwarded to another number.

Use these instructions to ensure any forwarding features are turned off

• *920 to ensure No-Answer-Transfer Call Forwarding is off
  • *720 to ensure Immediate Call Forwarding is off
0 Likes
DestinTider
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am going thru same issues and have been for months. I can assure you it has nothing to do with the phone but rather your local Verizon network. I have even reverted back to an older phone to try to resolve issues. The shame of this is the inability to get answers. After multiple service tickets placed with Tech support we have realized there is only 1 tower in the area and this seems to be the underlying problem since the coupling with another municipality about 45 miles away. Check with your local office to see if there are plans for another tower to be placed in your area.

DrummerBoizMom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not having troubles with delayed texts, however some calls get through to me, while others do not..  And oddly enough, it's the same people not getting through, while the other  people ARE continuing to get through.  It's maddening!

budone
Legend

Those calls that do not make it through, are they calling from their cell phone??? If so are they ALWAYS calling you using your 10 digit phone number????

0 Likes
naliwan
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone did not ring for some calls and there was no notification for missing calls.  The phone number did not appear in call log.  The caller said his calls were directed to voicemail but there were no records on voicemail.  This problem happened at least three times from one person that I know and can verify.  I don't know how many calls I have missed.  My phone has been working all the time and I can call out in this period.  I had ticketed this issue before but the customer service could not give me the answer about why it happened and the problem still persists for months and I only started subscribing to VZ for about 4 months.  Can't wait for the contract to end.

BCBSr001

I have been have the same issue with my phone, except it is mainly from my home location.  About two weeks ago, my issue's started.  I have called 611.  They put me through to tech support four times now!  Openned two trouble tickets( now, since tthey decidied to close the first).  I have, no less than two but sometimes up to three bars on my phone.  The phone doesn't indicate there is no service.  However, I can't consistantly make or receive calls and send or receive  text messages.  It's not just my phone either.  Others with verizon service have been over, they have had the same situation on the phones.  I have completed teh *228, using both option 1 and 2.

I am seriously concidering switching to AT&T.

0 Likes