Phone keeps saying "Network Extender"
s11
Enthusiast - Level 3

I updated my phone today to whatever system updates the phone said needed to be done (don't claim to be any type of expert or even half way droid literated...) The system version is 4.5.596 android version 2.3.3 if that is of any help. Right after I updated the phone, I started hearing the phone say "network extender". Now this started at work and the hospital I work in uses Verizon as the provider for all of their phones, so they might have a network extender in the hospital to boost their signal. I turned down the volume on the notifications, but I came home and it is continuing to say the same thing and I don't have a network extender. Why is it doing this? What does it mean? And how do I stop it without turning down the volume on all of my notifications?? Thanks for any help. C M

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone keeps saying "Network Extender"
s11
Enthusiast - Level 3

i spoke with a verizon tech person and we found that some how in the update the "default ringtone" for all of my notifications  was assigned to the sound "network extender" .  So for every text or email I recieved the phone said "network extender". 

CM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
Try Settings / Sounds / Check and see if Network Lost or Roaming Tones are checked because I believe it because of one of those options... But not sure... :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
s11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your reply,  but neither are checked....  

CM

0 Likes
s11
Enthusiast - Level 3

i spoke with a verizon tech person and we found that some how in the update the "default ringtone" for all of my notifications  was assigned to the sound "network extender" .  So for every text or email I recieved the phone said "network extender". 

CM

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Thats funny didnt know that was a notification option for a alert....  I could see that being confusing.

Glad to hear you got it resolved.

0 Likes
s11
Enthusiast - Level 3

neither did the verizon guy but it happened while he was on the phone and we figured out that I had just gotten an email.   So he sent a text and it did it again...    When we looked at the settings it was set to default and then after default it said "network extender".   Odd what things decide to do on thier own!

Thanks for your replies!

CM

0 Likes