Phone is not getting calls
zombiebob92

I have a droid 2 and I have had it since December of 2010. Just here recently, I have noticed that I haven't been getting all of my calls. People say that it rings but my phone itself doesn't ring. This has just started within the last few days. I have tried shutting my phone off and turning it back on but my calls still don't come through. I am starting to get frustrated with it because people are getting mad at me because they think I'm ignoring them... Help with this problem would be appreciated :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Aaron

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone is not getting calls
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Zombiebob92,

Besides checking the volume (thanks Bearone21), have you checked your recent calls list to see if the call appears on the list? If it does not appear in your recent calls list, then your phone did not ring when the call came in. This does not necessarily mean that there is anything wrong with the device. If your signal was weak when that person called you, they would still hear the line ringing on their end, since the system is attempting to send the call to your phone. However, if the signal is weak and the phone is unable to receive the call, the caller will then hear the call go to voice mail. 

Since this happened, has it happened again? Do you notice a pattern with it, i.e., does it happen only when at home or only when at work, or are you using your phone in different locations than usual without checking the signal strength? These can play key factors when it comes to not receiving incoming calls. 

Please let us know how it is going for you, and if you notice any patterns with it. 

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
is the ring volume way down?
0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Zombiebob92,

Besides checking the volume (thanks Bearone21), have you checked your recent calls list to see if the call appears on the list? If it does not appear in your recent calls list, then your phone did not ring when the call came in. This does not necessarily mean that there is anything wrong with the device. If your signal was weak when that person called you, they would still hear the line ringing on their end, since the system is attempting to send the call to your phone. However, if the signal is weak and the phone is unable to receive the call, the caller will then hear the call go to voice mail. 

Since this happened, has it happened again? Do you notice a pattern with it, i.e., does it happen only when at home or only when at work, or are you using your phone in different locations than usual without checking the signal strength? These can play key factors when it comes to not receiving incoming calls. 

Please let us know how it is going for you, and if you notice any patterns with it. 

Thank you!

0 Likes