Phone freezing
BigPaul

The droidx has been freezing lately. I have had to reboot it. Any clues?

0 Likes
Re: Phone freezing
Xoclon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Probably more Froyo  issues. Thank you motorola and verizon for crippling my phone

Zac

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have to agree that there has been a good number of freezing situations latly but usually I wait a minute a to unfreezes, I am starting to think this is from a app update because my device hasnt had any issues with freezing sinve 2.2 update so I am concidering a hard rest and see if I can identify the app.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try closing applications that my be running  in the background.  

From theme screen, touch the applications tab (located at the bottom of the display).
Touch Settings.
Touch Applications.
Touch Running services.
Touch a service.
Touch Stop.
You can also un-install unwanted applications. 
From theme screen, touch the applications tab (located at the bottom of the display).
Touch Settings.
Touch Applications.
Touch Manage Applications
Touch a service.
Touch Un-install.

Then do  soft reset on the device. 

Soft Reset
Press the Power key.
Touch Power off.
Touch OK.
Press the Power key to power on the device

Then dial *228 send and option  1 on the device. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Thanks for the instructions but I done all of those things before I ever posted, I did a hard reset and I still noticed the freezing but not as bad... I havent completed trouble shooting but it seems to be a stock app causing the issues but havent identified which one yet.  I usually try to exclude everything before inquiring for a answer else where but this has been starting to be a issue, I heard of a possible 2.2.1 update coming soon and I hope this information is correct because the issue does seem to be a 2.2 bug not a device issue.

0 Likes
robimon7

since I was forced to upgrade my phone to 2.2, because I hit the download option , it automatically stored the download and downloaded the 2.2 content into my phone without my consent, its been about a month and I am also getting random freezes!  Verizon what are you all going to do about this?  This phone isn't cheap and everyone here paid a steep price for this phone.  Even wildman is complaining about it and he has helped so many people through many problems this droid x has.  We all been patient enough, it's time for you people at Verizon to do something about this.  Bring on some heat to motorola will you??  Your customers should mean everything to you all since we are paying for your company to even exist!  there is no excuse for this.  Someone from your sales department has alot to explain why they would put this crap of a electronic device into your smartphone line.  They sure didn't do their research did they?  I'm very one mad customer and I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands out there who feel the same sentiment.  So can you get off your butts and do something about it?  This is unaaceptable in my book, for a multi-billion dollar company to just stop caring about the needs of their customers.  How you all stayed in business this long is truly mind-boggling, do you think you can sell us a crap item and not think there maybe some animosity from your customers?  Give us a fix or refund our money you bunch of crooks and thieves!  I'm truly fustrated and starting to regret ever sigining up with you all.  I'm one very p.o. customer!     

0 Likes