Phone Screen Not Working
mikeynavy1

I'm sure I'm not the only but I couldn't find anything using a variety of searches.  Many times, when I'm making a call and have to use the touchscreen dialing keypad for menu items (i.e. voicemail) when I take my phone away from my ear the screen doesn't light up and I can't view any buttons to push.  I've tried using the auto brightness function and without it.  It is especially prevalent when it is light out.  Is this a glitch or is there a setting I can use.  I end up having to cancel the call and try again.  Annoying.

0 Likes
Re: Phone Screen Not Working
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

mikeynavy1 wrote:

I'm sure I'm not the only but I couldn't find anything using a variety of searches.  Many times, when I'm making a call and have to use the touchscreen dialing keypad for menu items (i.e. voicemail) when I take my phone away from my ear the screen doesn't light up and I can't view any buttons to push.  I've tried using the auto brightness function and without it.  It is especially prevalent when it is light out.  Is this a glitch or is there a setting I can use.  I end up having to cancel the call and try again.  Annoying.

make sure you wipe the upper right and left hand side of the screen, that is were the proximity sensor is. also if you have a screen protector covering it, you might find mishaps like this time and again unless you make a cutout around the sensors.

try changing your timeout to more than a minute.  if it is set to 30 seconds and your call is longer than 30 seconds then your phone is programed to turn off.  settings>sound and display>screen timeout

this problem should have been addressed with the last update and actually since then i have never experienced this.

0 Likes
Re: Phone Screen Not Working
mikeynavy1

Yes, I do have a screen protector on, so that's probably it.  It isn't a good one, so I'm about to swap it out for a different brand.  Hopefully that will work.  Otherwise, I do have until the 18th of January to make an exchange.  I'm interested to see if Android 2.1 comes out soon, and what the price on Google's phone will be next week.

0 Likes