Phone Not Charging Properly/ No Service To Set Up Phone
bwittmeyer

First of all I got the Droid Incredible 2 about a month ago, and it has been fine until very recently.  Recently it's only recognized as charging if I move it a certain way, and even though it says it's charging, the battery percentage never goes up.  So about 10 minutes ago, I did a factory hardware reset thinking it would maybe fix the problem, and it didn't.  I am trying to set up the phone now that I have nothing on there, and it says no service, and I have absolutely no clue what to do, because i can't call *228.  I really need help. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Phone Not Charging Properly/ No Service To Set Up Phone
jthach90

i actually just did the same thing, and now I'm in the same situation as you are. i'm phone less for the weekend now because i have work all weekend and no time to stop at a verizon store.

0 Likes
Re: Phone Not Charging Properly/ No Service To Set Up Phone
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi bwittmeyer,

I would be lost without my phone, so I can only imagine how you must feel if you cannot charge yours! I'd really like to help you. You mentioned that you have already completed a master reset and it is still not charging correctly. Below are some steps I'd like you to take to start troubleshooting.

• Please try a different charger (car charger, for example). The issue may be either the charger or the phone, and this is a good way to determine the root cause of the issue. If the car charger works and your phone charges with it, then the issue is your charger. If it acts the same as the home charger, then the issue is most likely with the device.
  • Please check the charging port on the device, to ensure there is no debris and nothing has been damaged.

If you need additional assistance, please send me a DM and I will be happy to assist you further, to check your account and review any and all options you may have.

Thanks!

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes