Phone Contacts
ames1987

This has happened to me twice now.  My Droid will randomly delete all my contacts from my phone.  My Facebook and email contacts will eventually reappear, however my phone contacts are gone.  Luckily, I still have my old phone and it operates fine, so I am able to get to my phone contacts.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Does anyone know of any solutions?  Right now I am using my old phone as an "address book" to call friends from my Droid. 

0 Likes
Re: Phone Contacts
Wildman
Legend

Sounds like a user of Backup Assistance, that app has been acting up and doing things like that for a while, I lost mone before and I was glad I backed up with MyBackup because I couldnt find a solution to restore them...  Check your Goog;e account and make sure it didnt remove them from there, if they are still there export info to cvs file and  then you can try removing google email account and add it back, this should resysnc data with Googles contacts.

0 Likes
pcw67427
Contributor - Level 1

Came across this here a couple of days ago, might help u. Also look @ link in the (6th) reply.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Turning-off-Backup-Assistant/td-p/363070

Good Luck,

pcw67427

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I was going to suggest a system restore and bypass setting up BA also but I figured user might not want to go there but it looks like that the only solution that has been verifed as working.

0 Likes
pcw67427
Contributor - Level 1

Wildman,

Unless I've read it wrong, it looks like if u go to the link in the (6th) reply (takes u to adroidforum.com), that it does it w/o having to do a full reset.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sorry I had post open and was working as well and by time I entered the reply the other one was already posted but Ill have to look over that post to see the solution... Thanks for point this out because I always try to find a solution without a hard reset but sometimes this cant be avoided.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Nice find, definitely something to know for the next time this comes up....

0 Likes