Phone / Battery issues
talika

I've had my Dinc2 since the beginning of June. Around the new year I started having trouble charging it. The phone would not charge unless I sat there and wiggled the cord. I searched the forms and found a known problem that sounded just like mine. I went to my local Verizon store and was told that due to a small scratch on the outside of the phone, they would not replace it for me. After successfully charging the phone in the car, I wondered if it was the charger. The person I talked to the 2nd time at Verizon said it was definitely the charger and replaced it for me. The phone still would not charge. Next I went to a Wireless Zone near my work, they looked at it and processed the replacement for me. I've had the replacement for 3 days and it is charging.. but the replacement has some other problems.

The first problem is that the battery icon is grey with an exclamation point. I have the battery widget installed as well, and the widget is able to tell me the percent of battery I have remaining, but the phone is not. I noticed this while at Wireless Zone setting up the new phone, but the guy setting it up told me it was just because of the way something was set up, he clicked something and said it would be fine now. It's not. I know the problem is not the battery because a.) the battery was fine when in the old phone, and b.) the widget is able to get a read on the battery just fine.

The second problem is that when I have the phone plugged in to the computer to charge the led light flashes alternating green and orange, I can't seem to find anything about this on the forms, but the phone seems to be having trouble charging through the computer. It has the USB image in the status bar and knows it is plugged in to a computer.

The third issue is that a lot of my apps keep telling me they need to force close.. and I'm not even sure what they are.. they seem to be system programs, as I don't notice any difference with the phone before or after hitting force close. No programs seem to close.

The fourth issue is with my contacts and calendar. Most of my contacts seem to display fine, but when my mother or boyfriend text me all I see is a number. The phone will not show me their names. All of the other contacts are displaying correctly, and the two of them show up fine in my address book, but not in the texts. Also, my contacts birthdays are showing up double in my calendar. There is one entry from facebook and one from my phone, and I do not even have all of these people's names stored in my phone. I never had this problem with my first Dinc2.

Is this replacement buggy? Should I try to send it back for a replacement replacement, or is there something I can do to work out all of the bugs?

0 Likes
Re: Phone / Battery issues
mrsme1008
Enthusiast - Level 1

Talika I'm having the same issue.  I've had my phone since the end of June and about  2 weeks ago the phone starting charging sporadically.  The phone would show that it was charging and then when I took it off of the charger it would drop to a 20% charge. Wouldn't charge on the computer either and I kept getting "usb device not recognized".  I'd wiggle it, stand it up, lay it down  - did everything except stand on my head!! Then sometimes it would charge totally or I'd start charging at 40% and then in the morning it would be at 10%!!! I tried every charger in the house and the car (my hubby and son also have Incredibles) and the same thing. I finally took it to the store hoping to get it fixed and found that Vz no longer has techs in the store.  There was no other damage so a replacement was ordered.  Guess what?  I got the replacement, charged it for awhile at work, came home to charge some more and now the replacement won't charge AT ALL!! Oh and I got a new battery for good measure.  I called support and explained the issue and now I am getting replacemnt number 2, but it's the weekend so now I'll be without a phone until Tuesday!!  Vz should be giving out a new phone if the phone is still under warranty instead of shipping out the same defective one's over and over - And they tried to charge me for shipping the replacement - REALLY!!?? I am beyond annoyed especially after doing a search online and finding post after post about the same issue.  I saw another post that suggested reaching out to HTC directly so I'm going to try that - good luck to you.

0 Likes
custservcounts

Spent 2 hours today at a Verizon store with no luck on this same issue.  The representative/sales person called the FRU department at Verizon who would not authorize a "replacement" phone until the rep re-booted my phone which meant losing a lot of info that wasn't saved to the SD/SIM card.  Of course it still wouldn't charge.  He even put a new battery in it and it wouldn't charge.  Could not get authorization so , since the phone , purchased in AUgust 2011 for 200 dollars is still under manufacturers warranty, he called HTC. HTC could not help us out until Monday, but actually Tuesday, as Monday is a holiday.  THey gave him a claim number and he was waiting to hear back from the FRU department. THe FRU department never called back.  The rep gave me a 1/2 charged battery - no loaner phones available.  He never once told me I could call VErizon on my own and get immediate authorization.  Which I did when I got home.  I won't have a phone until Tuesday or Wednesday and it will be "certified replacement" not a new phone.  I am going to fight this all the way.  When you buy a coffee pot and it breaks under warranty you get a new one.  I am outraged and appalled and I think Verizon stinks for having this policy and procedure.  I will take my business elsewhere after I get this resolved and we all know that one unhappy customer can do a ton of  public relations damage.  We are all connected.

I found most of what happened today to be strategy on the part of Verizon .  THe jury is out on HTC until Monday.

VerizonWireless is too much of a monopoly and I hope that AT&T takes over.

One very unhappy customer who will tell hundreds of people about the experience.

0 Likes
talika

Update:

So today after getting out of work I went over to the Wireless Zone in the same plaza, the store that had gotten me the first replacement. I showed the tech there what the battery was doing and he was stumped. They already had someone from the FRU department on the phone helping someone else, so they talked to him about my phone too. He wasn't much help in fixing the problem, but he said they'd send me out a replacement for my replacement. I should have it monday or tuesday. He told me if this new one doesn't work out, then they'll swap it out for a different phone entirely. I hesitate to do that, because I love(d) my Dinc2, but I've had an awful lot of problems just within the past few weeks.

The guy at Wireless Zone was able to fix the problem with my contacts though by calling the programming number. He said that the phones become unsynced sometimes, but that its normally an iphone issue.

Fingers crossed for the replacement replacement. I  hope it works okay.. The original phone lasted me 7 months with no problems, but the replacement was glitchy from the get-go. I just want a phone I don't have to worry about. This one does seem to be charging okay, but the fact that the phone can't read how much battery is left (yet the widget can) makes me nervous about how long this one would have lasted.

0 Likes