Persistent Voicemail Notification
JacksonMckee

I recently updated my DROID MINI to 4.4.4. Later, I "upgraded" to basic visual voicemail. Now I have a persistent voicemail notification that cannot be cleared. So how do I "downgrade" back to basic basic voicemail and/or get rid of this persistent notification?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Persistent Voicemail Notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize that you're unable to clear your notification JacksonMckee! Let's see what can be done. Unfortunately, you don't have the option of going back to the previous version of visual voicemail. Please try leaving yourself a message, and deleting, to clear this unwanted notification.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JacksonMckee

This will not work. Let me explain:

1. The voicemail notice was generated by the previous version.

2. Upon attempting to retrieve the message I was prompted to upgrade, which I did.

a. Had I known, I would have declined to upgrade to the newer version until I had cleared current notices.

3. The new version maintains its own notices.

4. The new version is not aware of notices left by the previous version.

a. An oversight on the part of the Verizon developers.

5. The new version is unable to clear notices left by the previous version.

a. An oversight on the part of the Verizon developers.

6. The notices remaining from the older version cannot be deleted via the menu system.

a. The option to upgrade should not appear when users have notices and unheard voicemails.

i. An oversight on the part of the Verizon developers.

It will take some work on the part of Verizon to improve the upgrade so that it is able to detect and address notices left by the previous version.

Until that happens, the older notifications will persist regardless of what the user does by way of the usual user interface. Deleting the new version, re-installing the older version, deleting the older notices, then upgrading back to the newer version would work if a means of doing so were provided.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry this is happening JacksonMckee! Thanks for clarifying. I send you a Direct Message. Please Follow me back and reply. We may need to check settings and provisioning.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message  and  vanessas_vzw

0 Likes
JacksonMckee

Any progress in correcting this problem?

0 Likes