People can't hear me on the Bionic
krista217

I just got this phone a few days ago and I am constantly hearing "huh" or "what" or "I have no idea what you just said!"  It seems people are having a hard time understanding/hearing me on the other end, no matter how clear I speak.  I've tried holding the phone at different angles to no avail.  I'm not sure if the phone itself was poorly designed or if I need to get a replacement as this phone is defective.  Anybody else have this problem??

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: People can't hear me on the Bionic
Not applicable

Hi Krista, welcome to the community! I wouldn't be very happy with my new device if people couldn't hear me either. This is not a known issue with this device. Do you notice this happening only when using a headset or in a certain area? If this is happening everywhere on all calls or nearly all calls, then it seems to be this particular handset that is having the issue. Try pulling the battery. Removing the SIM and battery together and making a few test calls. If this issue is still occurring, I would recommend exchanging the phone.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
People can't hear me on the Bionic
SteelerFan
Contributor - Level 2

That is odd, can you hear them with no problems?

0 Likes
krista217

Ultimately I was told it was a defective device and to do an exchange since it's within the 15 day window.  This exchange process was a nightmare and what should've been 20-30 minutes took almost 5 hours...after all that I left with a brand new phone (still Droid Bionic) and the first 3 calls I made dropped without warning, the 4th caller couldn't hear me after a few minutes of talking, and then dropped the call again.  So far I've had the phone less than 2 weeks and I've had 3 major problems with it...ridiculous!!!!!!!  If I hadn't already paid for several accessories I would return the phone and get something completely different BUT with the battery life being so terrible I was forced to get the extended battery just to make it through the work day, not to mention the charging dock, case, protector, and ear piece.  And another complaint, as I've seen on a few other message boards, it goes between 3g-4g and drops internet for long periods at a time...kinda defeats the purpose of 4g eh??

0 Likes
krista217

Yes, I could hear them very clearly!  I called Verizon tech support and they agreed the sound was not very clear.

0 Likes
beleafer

I'm having the same problem.  Tech person at Verizon just told me last night I have a defective device too, bad microphone.  Of course, mine is 2 months old so I'm getting a used one as a replacement.  Loved the phone until this, and now I'm not too happy with Verizon either.  It's ridiculous that a manufacturing defect would not get replaced with a new unit within only two months.  Motorola should be replacing this!

0 Likes
krista217

I completely agree...if it's an EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTION and nothing we did/didn't do then the company should replace it!  Sorry you're having the same problem - it's a beast!  I hope the new phone works better. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

beleafer wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  Tech person at Verizon just told me last night I have a defective device too, bad microphone.  Of course, mine is 2 months old so I'm getting a used one as a replacement.  Loved the phone until this, and now I'm not too happy with Verizon either.  It's ridiculous that a manufacturing defect would not get replaced with a new unit within only two months.  Motorola should be replacing this!

Beleafer, you do also have the option of sending your phone in to Motorola for repair. This would also be covered under warranty and you will receive your same phone back. We offer replacements as well because we know many of our customers cannot be without a cell phone for several days. All of our replacement phones go through a 100 point inspection to insure they are quality devices. I have had replacement phones on my own line as well as other lines on my account, and they have looked and functioned better than my current phone.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

ethrog

I am having the same issue but I have had my phone fir about 5 months. Went to the Verison store and they did a soft reset and told me it was fine.   No one ccould hear me still. Spent several hours on line with a tech who was very nice but we ended up with them sending me a nerw devices.   I am getting ready to do the set up so we will see if this majes a difference.  I just got the front part of th ephone,  the battery, SIM card all remain the same so If the problem is there then it will likely not work. Interestingly the tech said this was not an issue that had occurred very often yet I see quite a fewposts about it. 
Good luck!

E

0 Likes